Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Please! im terrified...ill donate asap (from the caribbean)
Oct 11, 2006

Sept 2nd

- Had unprotected sex with new girlfriend who claims she has only had 3 other sexual partners in her life (all boyfriends). I ejaculated inside her and i also gave her unprotected oral.

Sept 6th (4 days later)

- I noticed red bumps / pimples developing on the outsides of my arms. about 13 on my left arm and 10 on my right.

Sept 8th

- Some of the bumps got white heads and had puss inside. Began to get slight headaches etc.

Sept 11th

-Bumps began to clear up. the headaches come and go slightly...but most times i dont have them

Sept 15th

- the pimples are are pretty much gone...still have slight headaches now and again and i think ive lost a little weight.

Sept 18th

- the pimples / rash are gone...the headaches come and go but not often and they are very slight. I began to feel good after someone suggested my symptoms did not seem to be caused by HIV.

Oct 2nd (1 month after encounter)

- i wake up with a bad soar throat...stuffy nose etc...rash is still gone....no fevers nuthin....just this soar throat comes out of nowhere.

Oct 3rd -

I have a serious cold..it brought headaches and weakness with it.

.Im terrified. I love my girlfriend so much...we plan on getting married...i dont wanna mess it up...i really feel its crazy to think i got HIV from her...but darn the rash came up 4 days after my first unprotected experience in my life...which was with her. Does this rash / pimple thing sound like it was caused by HIV? Should i really be worried? Did my symptoms start too soon to be HIV? Dr. Bob....i know u cant diagnose over the internet...but I have nowhere else to go. Please tell me what you think is going on with me . THANKS IN ADVANCE....if you ever wanna vacation in the caribbean...i can hook it up!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Terrified Caribbean Dude,

1. Does your rash/pimple thing sound like HIV? Nope!

2. Should you be worried? Certainly not, because of your "symptoms."

3. Did symptoms start too soon to be HIV related? Yep!

Dude, if you love your girlfriend and you plan on getting married, and are going to have a monogamous relationship, why not suggest you both get HIV tested "just to be sure" in preparation for your upcoming marriage? That may well be the quickest and most efficient way to put these worries permanently to rest.

Good luck!

Dr. Bob

Previous
Movie house stranger
Next
Test ????????

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.