ELISA Test Generation. Please reply...its my 3rd post. HELP!

Dr Bob,

I have posted a few times previously and hope you can spare some time to reply to my question.

I am from Malaysia and had a risky exposure. I have been testing many times (About 5-6 times) for the last 5 months. My latest test was at the 22 weeks mark and the results turned out Negative.

A week back i noticed there is a small lump under my left armpit. It is not easy to be felt but when i poke deep into my armpit i can feel it. I am not sure if its a lump or if it is a vein that i am forcing to move from its position when i poke deep in.

My questions: 1. Being in a just recently developing country, if the medical labs use the 2nd generation ELISA test, would it be able to detect antibodies within 5 months past exposure?

2.Can lypmh nodes swell for HIV infection in 5 months after exposure?

3.Do you think my 22 week test is sufficient for me to say i am free from HIV? or do i need to retest at 6 months?

4.Can being positive for VDRL and TPHA (Syphilis)and taking medication for syphilis delay the HIV antibody development?

I guess i have asked alot of questions...but i really hope you could answer them just this once. I have been living with fear EVERYDAY for the past 22 weeks and it is making me go insane! Help me Doctor...PLEASE...

1. Yes.

2. Yes, but I very strongly doubt what you are palpating is related to HIV-associated lymphadenopathy.

3. Yes. No.

4. No. Antibiotics, such as penicillin used to treat syphilis, will not delay HIV-antibody development.

My advice:

1. Stop poking your armpits. It makes you look silly and serves no purpose.

2. Stop HIV testing.

3. Yell WOO-HOO!

4. Always use condoms in the future.

immunizations- Please help
Me again