|immunizations- Please help
Oct 11, 2006
I am newly diagnosed undetectable without meds cd4 750. My doctor suggested I have a hep a and hep b vaccine. will this effect my viral load? and if so will I resume my undetectable status? I don't want to aggravate this condition unnecessarily. thanks again
| Response from Dr. Frascino
It is possible that hepatitis vaccinations (flu and Pneumovax as well) will increase your HIV plasma viral load; however, this increase is transient (weeks) and the benefit of being vaccinated far outweighs any even theoretical risk associated with a transient increase in viral load. I strongly suggest you proceed with your vaccinations as scheduled.
Good luck. Stay well. (The vaccinations will help you do just that!)
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Swollen Lymph Glands After Rubbing Vagina Worried I Have HIV
- Tingling Lips After Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Can A Vaginal Cyst Cause Enlarged Groin Lymph Nodes?
- Can Selenium Sulfide Help With Flat Warts Hpv?
- I Have A Discharge Does That Mean I Have A Std
- If You Keep Getting Vaginal Infections In Your Vagina, Do That Mean You Have HIV?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.