Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Still Worried, But ..
Oct 9, 2006

Hi Doc,

I wrote to you last night ... if you could answer my "Stripper Spit on Penis" question, I would be very happy and obliged to kiss you personally when things come back negative.

I did find this site last night which has allowed my left-brain back into the equation. I dunno, maybe it will help other people. Basically ... it puts dying in an Air Plane Disaster equal to getting HIV from Insertive Oral. Since all that happened to me was some spit ... well, lets just say I slept pretty good last night.

I think when people see even .5 to 10000, many people don't register what that means exactly. For a very rational engineer like myself, I know the irrational fears can kill you.

Then again, I can see where this kind of data could be misleading. It might embolden people to do riskier things. For example .. your chance s of just falling down or driving a car and dying are much greater than receptive anal.

Well ... I know it helped me.

Here's the link ..

http://www.livescience.com/forcesofnature/050106_odds_of_dying.html

Thank you for all that you do. You truly are a living saint.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

It seems to me your independent research answered your own question. Your "stripper spit on penis" risk is nonexistent. The risk of being struck dead by an errant lightning bolt is 1 in 83,930! So stop worrying about the stripper spit and look out for that thundercloud above.

I'll look forward top that kiss, but please don't feel "obliged."

Stay well,

Dr. Bob

Previous
Same symptoms as the Italian Model
Next
Indeterminate WB result

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.