Drug interactions affecting result of HIV rapid test
Oct 9, 2006
Recently I was tested using the OraQuick advance rapid HIV test (oral swab) and the test was negative. I am currently on HCTZ (diurectic) pill for hypertension. Would this medication affect the outcome of the test. If the test was negative should I go with that or be retested?
Thanks in advance for your assistance.
Response from Dr. Frascino
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Can You Get AIDS By Having Protected Sex With A Person With AIDS?
- Can You Get AIDS From Someone's Blood Touching Your Open Sore?
- Do T Pain Got Hiv?
- What Does Genital Herpes Do To You?
- Can You Get HIV From Oral Sex On A Woman?
- Chances Of Catching AIDS From Unprotected Anal Sex Without Ejaculation
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.