Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

A thankful who-hoo :-)
Oct 9, 2006

Dear Dr. Frascino,

After reading your kind reply to my last question (Low risk sex life... or not?) I felt as if a ray of light had shined upon me. I felt confident enough to go and get tested, even though that might have been due to the Jack Bauer reference ;-)

I decieded to have a full panel of tests done, and after waiting a day (during which I fought my inner demons), I received the much needed WHO-HOO from the phone line. Well, it wasn't a who-hoo per se, it was a non-reactive result on my HIV test. I spoke to the counselor about my last questionable encounter (which happened about 14 weeks ago) and he deemed the results conclusive.

I can't thank you enough for the courage you've instilled in me and many others that participate on your forum. I have felt the lowest emotions and the highest happiness in a matter of days. I can fully attest how hard it can be to just pick up the phone to hear your results, I have felt all the fears imaginable, and at the end of it, it is always better to know than not to know. I can see how my words may seem easy to say since i know i'm negative, but it was your kindness, the courage with which you've led your life and the honesty of it all that led me to realize that even a virally-enhanced result would not mean the end of my life. It would only mean a new beginning, a new set of rules, a new chance to truly enjoy life.

Thank you so much, from the bottom of my heart.

a.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello a,

Thank you for your very kind comments. They are warmly appreciated.

Jack Bauer and I are absolutely delighted with your negative test results! I do wonder about the "WHO-HOO" though. "WHO-HOO" sounds like the name of a Chinese restaurant. Jack Bauer is not real happy about anything Chinese at the moment. (As you will recall, they just beat the living daylights out of him and he's presently on a "slow boat to China" in captivity. However, I guess I should also mention that even though he's been brutally beaten almost to death, everything that's been done to him meets Bush's new guidelines for acceptable torture tactics for detainees!)

So . . . Jack and I would like to suggest that rather than WHO-HOO, you WOOO-HOOO instead, OK?

WOOO-HOOO!

Stay well,

Dr. Bob

Previous
Complicated Case Returns
Next
BOB THIS IS FOR YOU MAN

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.