Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Help Me Please...No Doctors have had any luck.
Oct 3, 2006

Dr Frascino, I have been HIV pos for almost 16 years. Very healthy. About 4 years ago I started feeling a pressure in my forehead that came and went. Now it is there daily. It is accompanied by difficulty concentrating, dizziness, shortness of breath, a feeling of chest pressure (mild) 12 lead ok. Also had a lower gi bleed, Mild, Great labs ALWAYS! Seen a neurologist, Heent, YOU name it. All the tests Sleep apnea, EEG, Labs, Cx Xray, 12 lead ekg, and so on. My doc cant figure this out, and sent me on and on. Also a dermatologist, for a 3 year rash (groin) Ears peel every day, and it is weird my dizziness, brain fog, all seen triggered the same time as the rash, heartburn, and Extreme fatigue. I'm desperate to find an answer. Ps. I was bit by a tick when I was 14 in Arkansas. Got sick after, but no treatment. Could this be important?

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Unfortunately I cannot diagnose medical conditions over the Internet! However, if multiple physicians cannot find an organic physiological cause for your symptoms, I suggest you consider a psychological cause. Certainly symptoms, such as forehead pressure, difficulty concentrating, dizziness, shortness of breath, chest pressure, brain fog, fatigue, etc., can all be caused by anxiety.

The tick is a red herring. Well, actually it's a small bloodsucking parasitic arachnid and not a colorful little fish, but you know what I mean, right?

Dr. Bob

Previous
Please help! Will make donation!!! =)
Next
questions about risks of exposure

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.