Yet another paranoid idiot looking for help

Hi I have been reading your archive and trying to find a similar case to mine but I cant. I will keep it as brief as I can: -

I am a very happily married man, but for some stupid reason while working away from home for 3 weeks went to a massage parlour in the UK. Where she masturbated be with her breasts without a condom. Apart from the guilt which was extreme and I hate myself for it, I suddenly thought what if she has done the same to the previous client and had not cleaned herself up properly afterwards. Hey presto since then I have been consumed with thoughts of being HIV positive I cant stop thinking about it, guess what I have got soar throat soar patches on my tongue aching neck and arm pits and sweating when I first wake up in the morning. The incident took place around six weeks ago now.

I know that the only way I will really know is to get tested when the three months are up and I am just trying to figure out a way of telling my wife what I have done and that we should use condoms etc.

How bad is it? One thing is for sure either way I have learnt my lesson. I hope its not too late.

Thanks for everything you are doing here it means a lot to people like me!

Martin

Hi Martin,

A tit-o-ssage is not considered a risk for HIV transmission, no matter how often she used those bodacious ta-tas on other happily married men.

Your symptoms are not suggestive of HIV, but are consistent with guilt and stress. I agree you should level with your wife. The only way to do so is to tell the truth. The sooner the better. It doesn't get any easier with time. It's important to realize we all make mistakes, even yours truly! The important thing is to accept the consequences of our actions and learn from our indiscretions.

Good luck!

Seroconversion and Testing?
ten years after still worried sick