Hiv symtoms after recieving oral sex

Hi Doc, I received unprotected oral sex from a sex worker on 3rd of march 2006, after two days I had a sore throat and had antibiotics treatments for 10 days(amoxyllin 500mg three times a day) but after that I am facing problems with my tongue and throat Symptoms: 1) I have red and white patches on my tongue 2) Thrush and white coating on the tongue 3) Small hairs on the tongue 4) Small red bumps in the middle of the tongue which are there for last 6 months 5) Throat is always sore and neck is always aching I had my hiv elsia test after 1 month,2 months ,3 and half months and after 5 months all came negative.I also had a swab test done after 2 months for strep throat that also came back negative.I also had hepatitis test and all other STD test done after one month of exposure but all came back negative. But I am still very much worried about my hiv status and the thrush and neck problems since they have not gone since that incident. I am really worried about what is wrong with me. I am reading this website for couple of months now and i really appreciate ur work doc. I am donating to this foundation even if my have time to answer my question.

From reading this site for the past couple of months, you probably already know what I'm going to say, but since repetition is the mother of learning, here we go again!

Your HIV risk (oral sex) is minimal at best. Your symptoms are not worrisome for HIV ARS or HIV disease. Your repeatedly negative HIV tests out to five months are definitive and conclusive. Add that all up and the final tally indicates HIV is not your problem. No way. No how!

You correctly identified your real problem when you wrote ". . . I am still very much worried about my HIV status . . . ." The problem is "worry," not HIV. I would suggest you get counseling for your irrational HIV fears and to follow up with your general medical doctor, if you have ongoing mouth and neck complaints. The important thing to realize is that HIV is not the cause of your symptoms.

Thanks for the donation (www.concertedeffort.org).

Thank you dear BOB
Update: The Whole Story