Proof that answers are in the archives

Dr. Bob,

Here is some proof that people can find their answers in the archives:

Q1: I know that oral sex is a low risk. But I recently gave unprotected oral sex to a female of unknown status and it was pretty intense. Does this change my risk?

Answer from juicy oral sex on July 19, 2005: I gave unprotected oral sex on a female prostitute of unknown status in Cuba,I was using my finger also to stimulate her during forplay,she was wet and well lubricated.I don't recall my tounge touching any of her vaginal fluids, I remained focus on her clit but the tounge lashing was wild and fierce and it is possible that I could have gotten some of her fluids in my mouth. Even if my gums was bleeding at the time what would have been the odds doc on me catching HIV even if she was positive?

Response from Dr. Bob, The HIV transmission risk of oral sex is very, very low. In fact, so low it's difficult to quantitate. If you are concerned, the best thing to do is get tested at the three-month mark, although the main reason for doing so is only to put your mind at ease.

Q2: What if I have a small canker sore?

Answer from I know oral sex is low, but on Dec. 11, 2005: My question: I know from reading the archives, oral sex on a woman is a lower risk activity, but later I noticed some small canker (sp?) sores on my inner lip. How much added risk is there from this incident?

Response from Dr. Bob, In general, small oral canker sores heal very rapidly. I cannot give you an exact answer as to "how much added risk" your particular canker sore would induce. Although, I would anticipate any increased risk would be minimal at best. If you are concerned, a single HIV-antibody test three months after your exposure would give a definitive result and calm any residual fears you may still be harboring.

Unless there is a statue of limitations on the information that you give Dr. Bob, people can really rely on the archives.

Thanks,

Another Dr. Bob archive researcher

Hello Dr. Bob Archive Researcher!

I have only one thing to say: BRAVO!

Doc ! Am freaking out please help (Oral+more!)
Update: Help the family!!! Pregnant wife!!!!