Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

A Simple Questions about Prevention and Health Promotion.....[Medical Doctor]
Sep 26, 2006

Dear Bob,

I ll try to keep this succint, i ve been through a HIV scare ...it was the worst 3 months of my life...but it sure as hell made me a better doc / person...as a result I ve started speaking to my medical colleagues about the need to be SAFE...and all they do is laugh at me and dismiss the disease....whats the best way to teach someone especially Doctor friends to be more cautious?

A Health Promoter

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Any physician who laughs at or dismisses HIV/AIDS has absolutely no right to be a physician. They are in need of more than education. They need a heart and soul as well. With over 40,000,000 currently infected and the pandemic continuing to be both dynamic and volatile, it's a sad commentary that even physicians and health care workers, who should certainly know better, have become apathetic to the magnitude of this human tragedy and the clear and present danger HIV/AIDS continues to be.

Continue to discuss the magnitude of the problem with your doctor chums. If they laugh, get indignant and advise them you certainly do not feel that human suffering is a laughing matter and that you are astounded by their lack of compassion. That may or may not make them stop laughing long enough to listen to your personal experience.

Continue to spread the word, even if your audience is resistant to your very important message! Repetition is the mother of all learning!

Dr. Bob

Previous
WORRIED ABOUT THE UNKNOWN
Next
You are bringing sexy back!!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.