A Simple Questions about Prevention and Health Promotion.....[Medical Doctor]

Dear Bob,

I ll try to keep this succint, i ve been through a HIV scare ...it was the worst 3 months of my life...but it sure as hell made me a better doc / person...as a result I ve started speaking to my medical colleagues about the need to be SAFE...and all they do is laugh at me and dismiss the disease....whats the best way to teach someone especially Doctor friends to be more cautious?

A Health Promoter

Any physician who laughs at or dismisses HIV/AIDS has absolutely no right to be a physician. They are in need of more than education. They need a heart and soul as well. With over 40,000,000 currently infected and the pandemic continuing to be both dynamic and volatile, it's a sad commentary that even physicians and health care workers, who should certainly know better, have become apathetic to the magnitude of this human tragedy and the clear and present danger HIV/AIDS continues to be.

Continue to discuss the magnitude of the problem with your doctor chums. If they laugh, get indignant and advise them you certainly do not feel that human suffering is a laughing matter and that you are astounded by their lack of compassion. That may or may not make them stop laughing long enough to listen to your personal experience.

Continue to spread the word, even if your audience is resistant to your very important message! Repetition is the mother of all learning!

WORRIED ABOUT THE UNKNOWN
You are bringing sexy back!!!