Worried for good reason!!

First I would like to say thank you for such an informative web-site. I just realised that you guys take donations. It would be a pleasure for me to donate to such a worthy cause. Can you tell how I can do that? even if my question is not answered. Doc I'm a 32 year old athlete who thought he was in great physical condition until one day I developed extreme chest pains and a nasal congestion. no nasal dripping or anything just the enabilty to breath normally {congested everyday}. This has been going on for almost 2 years now! my chestno longer hurts but I still have a problem breathing. After recieving a negative test 2 years ago a once again had sex with a women that I believed to be pretty safe because she was also tested. to make a long story short. Is it possible to be feeling the effects of HIV 1 1/2 after years after infection{I pulled a muscle in my quad and still bruised a little after 21 days, I also have something seriously going on with my mouth. I don't what it is!!} but I'm afraid to go to the team doctor or dentist at the moment bc if word of this gets out my career is over and will also not be able to support myself if I am positive. There are so many things on your site that I end up going in circle. so I would like an answer to give me peace of mind until I am able to take another test. Thank you once again for your work and send then info...

Take care

Hello Jock,

Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting who has contracted HIV. The only reason to get HIV tested is if you've placed yourself at risk for HIV (unprotected sex, sharing IV needles, etc.). If you've tested negative three months or more after your last potential HIV exposure, you are definitively and conclusively negative. It really is just that straightforward.

Your symptoms are not consistent with or worrisome for HIV disease, and I see no reason why you should be afraid to visit your team doctor. However, if you are worried and unsure of your HIV statues, either get retested first to confirm your negative HIV status before visiting your team doctor or go to a non-team doctor. Rapid HIV tests give accurate results in just 20 minutes. Why worry when it's so easy to put these fears to rest permanently?

Regarding donations to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation, information can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Tax-deductible donations may be sent to our address:

The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation 1000 Fremont Ave., Suite 145 Los Altos, CA 94024

Be well. Stay well. Your HIV fears are unwarranted!

Where is my present ?
burst condom and post exposure prophylaxis