a big "WHOO HOO"

WHAT UP DR. BOB!!! AS YOU CAN TELL IM VERY HAPPY BECAUSE MY 6 WK TEST CAME BACK NEGATIVE!!! I ASKED U QUESTIONS LIKE 5 TIMES BUT NEVER GOT ANSWERS. IT WAS PROBABLY BECACUSE IT WAS TO DUMB OF A QUESTION BUT OH WELL.. BEFORE I LEAVE, I WANT TO ASK YOU ONE MORE QUESTION AND ALSO LEAVE A SMALL MESSAGE..

TO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT ARE WORRIED, SYMPTOMS ARE NOT GOOD INDICATORS!! TRUST ME!! AND LETS JUST BE SAFE AND HAVE FUN! SEX IS A THING TO ENJOY, NOT A THING TO GET US WORRIED FOR 6 WEEKS!

dR. BOB, AFTER THAT INCIDENT (8 WEEKS AGO), I GOT MY TESTS, NEGATIVE, AND THAT SAME NIGHT I WENT TO A COLLEGE PARTY AND ENDED UP HAVING SEX WITH ONE OF MY GOOD FRIEND'S FRIEND (IN TOHER WORDS I DIDNT KNOW HER) BEFORE I DID ANYTHING, I MADE SURE I PUT ON A CONDOM, I ASKED HER IF SHE WAS CLEAN( SHE SAID YES, BUT KINDA HARD TO BELIEVE AFTER SHE HAD SEX W/ A STRANGER) AND AS SOON AS WE FINISHED, I RINSED MY PENIS W WATER AND SOAP AND APPLIED SOME RUBBING ALCOHOL (THOUGHT IT WOULD KILL SOME BACTERIA IF IT ANY).. SO IM TRYING TO MINIMIZE THE RISKS, DO YOU THINK I DID OK, OR CAN YOU PROBABLY GIVE SOME MORE POINTERS ON HOW TO PRACTICE SAFER SEX, BECUSE I DONT WANT TO RELY ON MY HAND FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN...

ALRIGHT DR. BOB, STAY HEALTHY AND STAY WELL!

THE LONELY ONE!

Hello Lonely One,

Congratulations on your negative test results.

Regarding safer sex, the latex condom used properly with water-based lubricant is the best protection. Rubbing alcohol on Mr. Happy is not considered part of the safer sex techniques. As for pointers on how to practice safer sex, check the archives. There are an impressive number of references and links (such as hivinsite.ucsf.edu) that provide detailed information.

No need to worry that your sexual future has to be limited to "burping the nephew" to be safe.

Get informed. Stay safe. Stay well.

white coating on the tongue
Thanks Doc. for your efforts and expertise.