Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
  Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

a big "WHOO HOO"
Sep 26, 2006

WHAT UP DR. BOB!!! AS YOU CAN TELL IM VERY HAPPY BECAUSE MY 6 WK TEST CAME BACK NEGATIVE!!! I ASKED U QUESTIONS LIKE 5 TIMES BUT NEVER GOT ANSWERS. IT WAS PROBABLY BECACUSE IT WAS TO DUMB OF A QUESTION BUT OH WELL.. BEFORE I LEAVE, I WANT TO ASK YOU ONE MORE QUESTION AND ALSO LEAVE A SMALL MESSAGE..

TO ALL THE PEOPLE THAT ARE WORRIED, SYMPTOMS ARE NOT GOOD INDICATORS!! TRUST ME!! AND LETS JUST BE SAFE AND HAVE FUN! SEX IS A THING TO ENJOY, NOT A THING TO GET US WORRIED FOR 6 WEEKS!

dR. BOB, AFTER THAT INCIDENT (8 WEEKS AGO), I GOT MY TESTS, NEGATIVE, AND THAT SAME NIGHT I WENT TO A COLLEGE PARTY AND ENDED UP HAVING SEX WITH ONE OF MY GOOD FRIEND'S FRIEND (IN TOHER WORDS I DIDNT KNOW HER) BEFORE I DID ANYTHING, I MADE SURE I PUT ON A CONDOM, I ASKED HER IF SHE WAS CLEAN( SHE SAID YES, BUT KINDA HARD TO BELIEVE AFTER SHE HAD SEX W/ A STRANGER) AND AS SOON AS WE FINISHED, I RINSED MY PENIS W WATER AND SOAP AND APPLIED SOME RUBBING ALCOHOL (THOUGHT IT WOULD KILL SOME BACTERIA IF IT ANY).. SO IM TRYING TO MINIMIZE THE RISKS, DO YOU THINK I DID OK, OR CAN YOU PROBABLY GIVE SOME MORE POINTERS ON HOW TO PRACTICE SAFER SEX, BECUSE I DONT WANT TO RELY ON MY HAND FOR THE REST OF MY LIFE, IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN...

ALRIGHT DR. BOB, STAY HEALTHY AND STAY WELL!

THE LONELY ONE!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Lonely One,

Congratulations on your negative test results.

Regarding safer sex, the latex condom used properly with water-based lubricant is the best protection. Rubbing alcohol on Mr. Happy is not considered part of the safer sex techniques. As for pointers on how to practice safer sex, check the archives. There are an impressive number of references and links (such as hivinsite.ucsf.edu) that provide detailed information.

No need to worry that your sexual future has to be limited to "burping the nephew" to be safe.

Get informed. Stay safe. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
white coating on the tongue
Next
Thanks Doc. for your efforts and expertise.

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.