white coating on the tongue
Sep 26, 2006
I am getting white coating on my tomgue.Is it related to HIV? Morning I scrape off the white coating and then forms again in the afternoon. What is the reason for this? please advise what tests need to be done. I am also getting bad breadth. I am really worried that If I am infected with HIV. Please help me to find out a solution
Response from Dr. Frascino
Having dragon breath and a white "tomgue" (whatever the hell that is) are not reasons to be concerned about HIV. If you've placed yourself at risk for HIV (unprotected sex or sharing IV needles), that's a reason to worry about HIV.
So, what is the cause of your symptoms? I have no idea. I'm a physician, not a clairvoyant! My advice is simple:
1. If you've placed yourself at risk for HIV, get tested three months after your last potential exposure, and don't place yourself at risk in the future.
2. If you have a weird "tomgue," go see your doctor for an evaluation. Chances are your "tomgue" problem and bad breath are related issues that can be cleared up readily.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Is Night Sweats A Sign Of Acute HIV Infection?
- Burning Penis After Touching Anus Worried I Have HIV
- Coated Tongue After Unprotected Oral Sex Without Ejaculation Worried I Have HIV
- Dry Cough After Swallowing Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Scrotum After Licking Penis Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Loose Stool After Anal Sex Sign Of HIV AIDS
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.