Worried well hell is no place to be

Hi Dr. Bob

I just read in one of your posts about the 15 Million AIDS Orphans worldwide, that is just heart breaking, I just sent a Donation, hope it helps in some way, I am a 35 year old straight male, I don't go to Sex workers or pick up girls in bars for a one night stand and then freak out about it and all my relationships have been pretty long term, But unprotected sex is unprotected sex,i guess I never really thought that much about HIV/AIDs,back when I was first becoming sexual active the only reason you wore a condom was because you did not want to get your girlfriend pregnant, you did not even think about STDs or HIV, at least I didn't ,well I guess that way of thinking stuck with me because when I have been in a long term relationship and my girlfriend at the time was on some type of birth control condoms where not always used, Well with the 25th anniversary of this horrible disease being on the News and in the Papers I started thinking about it and my past, of I course got online and proceeded to freak myself out, now of course I have or am imaging I have every symptom in the book, went to the doctor thinking well if my body is at the point where I think/feel my arms,hands,legs and feet are getting thinner by the day even though I am not losing weight and I have a bunch of eye floaters then something must show up on a CBC right? Well everything came out good but that only took care of my anxiety for about a day and I am not a Doctor so who knows, I guess I probably follow a pretty typical worried well(hopefully well) pattern, Funny how the only thing that can get rid of theses fears and anxiety is doing the one thing that scares you the most, getting a HIV test, well I live about 5 miles from your foundation and I hope one day I get the courage to come see you and get tested, I don't feel like I am living my life fully right now or being myself to the people I love, like I am on hold and it is not a fun place to be, a little of your Famous Good Luck/Good Health Karma would be really great.

Thanks for all you do.

Take Care

First off, thank you for your tax-deductible gift to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation. We'll use it to help AIDS orphans. Please know your one gift will touch many lives. On behalf of those who will experience hope rather than hopelessness as a result of your generosity, please accept my heartfelt thanks.

Next, yep, you are indeed following a very predictable worried-well pattern of awareness leading to worry leading to symptom searches on the Internet leading to the generation of more symptoms ("every symptom in the book") leading ultimately to me. From a perusal of the archives, you should know your journey is not quite over. After contacting me (or visiting the Frascino Medical Group), you are to get HIV tested, find out you are negative, yell WOO-HOO and then live happily (and safely) ever after!

So with our office only five miles from your home, why are you stuck in worried-well hell??? A simple 20-minute HIV rapid test will get you a "get out of hell free" card! Don't procrastinate any longer. (Procrastination is the art of keeping up with yesterday!) Come and see us. Or go to any testing site. Get the test. You'll be oh so glad you did. If you don't believe me, how about believing the gazillions of folks just like you in the archives?!?

I'll send you my very best good-luck/good-health karma (it's never failed yet!) and I'll send some cyber courage along with it, OK? The Frascino Medical Group will be waiting for your call (650-917-1357). Pick up the phone and make an appointment. As Jack Bauer of "24" would say, "Do it now!"

I'm asking again, sorry/
what to do????????