Insertive oral high risk?

Dear bob, First of all, let me thank you for all the work you have done for people all over the world. Here is my story. I had protected sex with a girl I met at a bar but unprotected insertive oral sex a few days ago. I know protected sex is always protected and insertive oral risk is almost nonexistent but 2 days later I became really worry since I started to have a high fever 40 C and a very bad sore throat. This let me to think that she might have brushed her teeth 15-20 mins before performing oral sex on me so there might or might not be blood on her mouth, I don't know. Is brushing teeth in general before performing oral sex increase the risk of passing HIV to the insertive partner? I am very very scared right now. How can I donate money to your foundation? Thanks a lot doc.

Flossing and/or vigorous brushing of the teeth that may result in trauma to the gums could potentially increase the risk of HIV transmission primarily to the receptive partner.

Your symptoms (fever and sore throat) beginning two days after your oral sexcapade would not be related to HIV. Symptoms associated with acute retroviral syndrome (ARS) take weeks, not days, to become manifest.

Your HIV risk remains "almost nonexistent." I see no reason for your level of concern and worry. Your fears are unwarranted. If you remain concerned, get an HIV test at the three-month mark. It will be negative, but it may be the most efficient and effective way for you to put your irrational fears permanently to rest.

Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Thanks for your willingness to help others in need.

I'd recommend you spend some time browsing through the HIV sexual transmission and oral sex archives. I'm confident you'll find the information there reassuring and comforting.

Good luck! Stay well.

dick mesurs
Shingles