|Virus in Soap Dispenser
Sep 20, 2006
Hi, I was just wondering how long the hiv virus can survive in a soap dispenser at home or in a public bathroom. If the virus can survive for days or weeks in a needle, shouldn't it be the same for dispensers because the virus isn't exposed to air?
| Response from Dr. Frascino
HIV in soap dispensers???? Yikes! Where did you come up with that one? No, Dearie, HIV does not survive, or hang out, in soap dispensers. So unless you are having unsafe sex with the real Mr. Bubbles, you've got nothing to worry about.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Does Soap And Water Kill Hiv Virus?
- Can Hepatitis Survive On Soap?
- Is It Ok To Leave Marinol Out Of Fridge?
- Will Two People Infected With Genital Herpes Make Each Others Herpes Worse?
- What Percentage Of People In The Usa Have Bacterial Vaginosis?
- What Happens When You Take The Hpv Vaccine But Already Have Genital Warts?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.