Don't tell Steve.....

Hi Dr. Bob, Don't tell steve but I think I'm addicted to you. I love reading your responses to questions. Smart and witty!!! I hope you are feeling as great as you look in your picture. Ok, here is my question. Is it possible that I have been tested to many years after unprotected sex exposure? Is a neg rapid test enough? I feel so hiv ignorant because in the archives all these people have done multiple tests. Kinda makes me feel as though I need to ask for more testing. I can't help but think that maybe I didn't have enough antibody anymore because I waited to test so long. I know what a KOOK!!! But I have no one else to ask. THANK THANK!!! I will continue to donate monthly until a cure is found. YOU ARE INCRRRREEEDIIBLE!!!!! I don't know how you do it all. Take care.

Don't feel ignorant because you stopped after a single negative HIV test. In fact, you should feel very, very smart indeed. You did exactly the right thing! You don't have to worry about waiting so long after an exposure that your anti-HIV antibodies might subside. The immune system doesn't work that way. If you contracted HIV, even many, many years ago, your HIV test would still read positive! It's the folks who test and test and test and test and test and test who should feel silly; not you! You're my shining example of how it should be done!

Thank you for your donations!!!

As for your Dr. Bob addiction, well, we do have a 12-step program that meets weekly.

Be well. Stay well.

Gratitude
I NEED YOUR ANSWERE VERY BADLY