Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Gratitude

Sep 20, 2006

Hi Dr Bob! Greetings from the UK!! I just had my 3 month hiv test a few days ago and it came back negative!!! I have never been so happy in all my 19 years of life! However, the thought of having had the virus has still affected me in different ways. I must be the only person in my university that will never enjoy having drunken random sex again! Having been blessed with a negative result, I now feel it is my responsibility to remain negative, and try to educate my fellow sex crazed students! Wish me luck! Your fantastic sense of humour, honesty and ability to make even the most terrified people smile is truely amazing. You forum kept me going! For my 3 month wait, reading your forum became as important a part of my daily routine as breathing! I admit I am still fighting small remenants of worried well in me, but every time I read your forum, or even see your picture, my fears lessen. Thanks again!! You are truely an amazingly wonderful person, and I wish you all the happiness in the world. You have touched the hearts of so many, and may everyone whom you've helped touch your heart with the same warmth and joy! Take care, be well!

Catherine.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi Catherine,

Congratulations and WOOOO-HOOOO!

As for trying to educate sex-crazed students to never have drunken random sex again, well . . . that may be a bit too aggressive of a goal. Kind of like trying to teach Bush common sense, or how to speak English. Perhaps you should try to modify your goal to educating sex-crazed students never to have unprotected sex, whether it's random or not, drunken or not. We could also lower our expectations of Dubya, the Rodeo Clown, to include more obtainable objectives, like: (1) stop doing illegal stuff like torturing and wire tapping without a warrant, (2) stop ruining the environment and the economy, (3) stop dragging us into disastrous unnecessary wars, (4) stop strutting (he looks like he's got an umbrella up his butt).

Stay well, Catherine. I'm sure you will.

Dr. Bob

Previous
RE: Med Student Confused
Next
Don't tell Steve.....

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.