RE: Med Student Confused

Hey DOC!!!!! Love you! I shut up my professor!!!! I printed out the reply you sent to me, and without showing him what you wrote I asked him to present scientific evidence that an adult has contracted HIV infection from breastmilk in front of the class about 15 students and he didn't know what to say!!!! YAYYYYYY I felt really good about it and all thanks due to you!! I got an HIV OraQuick test at 2 months and a few days after exposure and after 20 mins, it came out negative!! Should I be retested at 3 months again? I know its all about the 3 month mark, so what do you think the chances of me testing negative again at the 3 month mark would be? Can I WOOHOOO!!! ALL THE WAY TO SCHOOL or should I keep wondering?!! By the way, my teacher's face got red and he felt embarrased as he said, and I quote "Unfortunately, as of right now I can't provide you with any evidence." hahahaha, Thanks Bob, you are the man, you are the man in the big chair >with a scottish accent onto that. Quote from one of my favorite movies. Trainspottting. haha Further testing needed?

Hello Med. Stud.,

BRAVO for teaching your professor (and fellow classmates) a valuable lesson.

Regarding further testing, my guidelines remain the same:

1. If there was no risk, there's no need to test.

2. If there was a potential risk, then HIV testing prior to three months is not considered to be definitive or conclusive.

Thanks for your thanks and comments. Your Scottish brogue is flawless.

Stay well.

Conflicting CDC information
Gratitude