Sauna sex

Hey Dr. Bob, I am a 'straight' bloke who is attracted to men. I recently went to a gay sauna where i had 2 sexual encounters. The first encounter i tried to btm (protected), but the dude was hung like a horse i couldnt fit it in. As he tried to insert i felt something crack. We aborted the anal action and just jerked off. The second encouter that night I had protected anal sex but this time i was on top. As this bloke was sitting on me he ejaculated on my chest, after that he got up took my condom off and started jerking me until i came. However, as he was jerking my old fella he inserted a finger into my anus.

After i returned home and showered, i noticed a spec of blood on my towel from my anus. Exactly 1 week after this i had diarrhoea for 8 days and still have it (Obviously i am writing this 15 days after the sauna action). I also notice my nodes are throbbing. I visited my doctor and he just told me to eat rice, potatoes and drink gastrolyte.

Should i be worried about HIV? What if the 2nd bloke had semen on his finger when he inserted it into my anus? The 1st guy said he was HIVneg i dont know that status of the 2nd guy. Crikey, im too scared to have sex with my girlfriend, i dont want to pass anything on. Im so worried, i cant function properly, this is all i think about.

What do you think Dr? Thanks, Kaleb.

Hello Kaleb,

You're a "straight" bloke who is attracted to men and has both insertive and receptive anal sex at gay saunas with dudes who are hung like Sea Biscuit???? Hmmm . . . OK, I'll skip right over that, but I'm glad you put the "straight" in quotation marks.

Your HIV risk from your boys' night "out," so to speak, is minimal at best. Protected sex is "protected," if the latex condom is used properly and does not fail. The post jack-off finger in the butt maneuver is not considered a significant HIV risk. However, if you are worried, and clearly you are, I'd suggest:

1. Get a single HIV test at the three-month mark.

2. Level with your girlfriend and use latex condoms to decrease any potential risk to her. (Hopefully you use these on a routine basis with your girlfriend already.)

As for the rice and potatoes, well, I'll leave that up to you. It sounds a bit heavy on the starch for my tastes.

Good luck! And you might want to rethink that "straight" moniker.

More of a Comment
HIV Transmission