Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

I recieved oral from a man, flu three days later
Apr 5, 2001

Ryan:

I'm a heterosexual male, but I experimented with mutual masturbation, I'm very ashamed of myself for this, and it's been driving me nuts. I only came into contact, with a small amount of his pre-cum on my left hand, and possibly my right. I didn't engage in oral, or anal sex with him. He did perform oral sex on me, for a BRIEF 30 seconds, to 1 minute max. No, blood was involved, as he didn't have any canker sores, or bleeding gums. I had no cuts sores, on my hands at the time, and did not come into contact, with his semen, as he ejaculated on himself. It was really cold in the car, cold enough to see your breath, about 30-35 degrees. About, 5 to 10 minutes later, I wiped my nose or face don't remember which one, with my hands, no wet pre-cum was there. But, I became terrified, when I got a mild flu, three days later. Only vomited once, no fever. Had three colds since then, thanks to work. But, I'm freaking out over my weight, 139 with briefs on. And, I'm 5'9", to 5'10", and feel I'm underweight, this happened on Feb 17th, and I weighed myself on Feb 28th, around the same range 11 days later, so I don't know if I lost alot of weight or not. I freak out over these pin-point red dots, and pimple like sores, 1 on my right thigh, and right arm. That's it, had no symptoms and that was 6 weeks ago, thanks for your patience. PLEASE REPLY, I'm really stressed to the max.

Response from Mr. Kull

You can probably predict my response based on my previous answers to questions like this: it is highly unlikely that you were infected in the incident you describe. None of your mucous membranes came into contact with fluids that are expected to transmit HIV, namely semen and blood. It's more likely that your flu and cold-like symptoms were simply coincidental.

I'm interested in your comment about feeling ashamed. Clearly this experience of sexual experimentation with another man is bothering you and causing some anxiety, and maybe guilt. Many people have sexual contact with a member of the same sex, but often feel shame because of outdated morals imposed on us by different institutions and individuals. Simply put, having desire for and sex with a person of the same sex is normal and acceptable. However, there is no easy way to reduce the shame: it requires a lot of self-exploration and support. Hopefully you can discover ways to explore your needs and desires without experiencing negative consequences.

RMK

Previous
anal sex with condom
Next
swollen lymph nodes

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.