important info for hiv transmission

Hi doc,

I wrote you sometime ago, but no answer. As the present matter can be of interest for many people, I hope you will answer. Almost nowhere in the web, I found information about trasmission of hiv by pubic lice. There are three listings only stating that hiv is not transitted by lice. However I believe that if someone is infected and with high viral load, he can easily transmit hiv by lice to his partner, because lice moving from one host to the other, start immediately sucking blood 9therefore the virous has not been deat yet in the insect), and they are numerous in population in most cases. It is not like biting by a couple of mosquitoes. Therefore, a condom will not protect and the risk is very high as many people are having pubic lice.Therefore I think lice is a great danger for hiv transmission between partners.I do not speak about lice affecting someone after 1-2 days, from cloths, toilet seats etc., where the risk is really zero, but for "real time" transmission from an insect in high population, practically invisible and not obstructed by a condom. What is your opinion?

You found three listings, all of which state that HIV is not transmitted by pubic lice! Just how many more do you need?

Even though you "believe" that lice can spread HIV if the source patient has a high viral load, that doesn't change reality and scientific fact. Pubic lice do not transmit HIV. Period. Neither do mosquitoes (and there are still lots of people who "believe" or fear that they do) or cats or dogs or even Tasmanian devils, OK?

Once I post this response there'll be at least four listings on the Web that state HIV is not transmitted by pubic lice the next time you Google it. Perhaps that will be enough to convince you?

Stay well.

Feet prob
Re: Tricky Situation