Persistent symptoms after Oral

First let me commend you on a wonderful job and wish you all the best. I had a brief unprotected oral contact with a sex worker where she perfomed fallatio on me. When I returned home I realized that the head of my penis was slightly ct and bruised. I showered immediately and placed disnifectant for cuts onthe area. within two weeks I started to feel fatigued and then two weeks later I had diarrhea and an itchy skin rash around my neck and back. I now have tingling and numbness in soles o my feet my ankles feel week and I have muscle aches in my legs like I have been running a marathon. I have lost wieght and have no appetite(I never get hungry). My stools are almost always loose. I went for an ELISA test at 1 1/5 and 3 1/5 months after the incident both were negative. However the symptoms persist the most worrying being the numbness and pain in the bottom of my feet and the persistant muscle aches in my legs. My doctor has said he will not do another antibody test as I have had two negatives and my other blood work was normal. As I am living in Canada I am considering going accross the border and pay for viral load test as this test I beleive requires a doctor's request here. Are you aware of any hospitals in Buffalo where I could pay for this? Once again thanks for what you are doing. Scared In Toronto Donation on the way.

Hello Scared in Toronto,

The risk of HIV transmission from insertive oral sex, even with the slight "ct" and bruises, is extremely low. Your negative HIV tests out to 3.5 months are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how! I cannot diagnose the cause of your numbness and discomfort in your feet and and legs; however, I can, with great certainty, tell you what's not causing these symptoms: it's not HIV!

To specifically answer your question, HIV plasma viral load tests are readily available in Buffalo; however, I strongly advise you do not get one because (1) I do not recommend PCR (viral load) testing for routine HIV screening due to the rate of false-positive tests associated with the type of testing and the cost and (2) you are definitively HIV negative and therefore have no need for this type of testing.

Rather than chasing a disease that you could not possibly have, I would suggest you continue to work with your physician to evaluate the underlying cause of your symptoms. There are many potential causes, including anxiety, that can lead to these types of complaints. Get the evaluation and care that you need, not more HIV tests that you don't!

some one from military service !
Feet prob