GREAT TROUBLE (HIV 2)

DEAR BOB, IAM 40 YEAR OLD TODAY, AND HAVE 2 GOOD BOYS OF MY OWN, I GOT MARRIED IN 1991, BEFORE THAT I HAD SEX WITH PROSTITE AND HAD WORST DISES, I CAME TO US IN 1996 WHEN I APPLID FOR GREEN CARD I WENT FOR BLOOD CHECK UP THEN FIND OUT I HAVE HIV 2 IN 2004 I HAD A STROKE EVEN THOUGH I DON'T HAVE B.P. DIABITIC I HAD IT. IAM TAKING REGULAR MEDICATION AND IAM VERY FEARED THAT HOW LONG I LIVE, BECAUSE ONE STUPID MISTAKE I HHAVE THIS DISEES PLEASE TELL ME WHAT YOU ADVICE TO LIVE NORMAL LIFE REST OF MY LIFE. THANKS YOUR TIME.

If, indeed, you have contracted HIV (HIV-1 or HIV-2), your best chance of staying healthy and doing well as an HIV-positive individual is to work closely with an HIV/AIDS physician specialist and to adhere closely to your medication regimen. Compared to HIV-1, HIV-2 is less transmissible (five- to eight-fold less efficient than HIV-1 in early-stage disease). It is also associated with a lower viral load and has a slower rate of both CD4 cell decline and clinical progression. Regarding clinical management, HIV-2 is generally not susceptible to non-nucleoside reverse transcriptase inhibitors (NNRTIs), and may have multiple protease inhibitor-associated resistance mutations. Therefore an HIV specialist should be involved in all treatment decisions.

From the information provided, I have no way of knowing if your stroke was related to your HIV-2 disease or HIV-related medications. I suggest you discuss this with your HIV specialist. Incidentally, if not already done, I would also recommend your wife and children be screened for HIV. Although I should also point out that HIV-2 is rarely transmitted vertically (from parent to unborn child). You must also practice safer sexual techniques (latex condoms) with your wife.

Who's the Skank?
Differences (ORAL SEX vs. KISSING)