Pregnant and desperate- feeling suicidal

Hi Dr. Bob.

I recenlty purchased a Home HIV test kit, it isn't FDA regulated but I can't get the FDA regulated kits delivered to my country so I had no choice.

The test required me to put a drop of blood into a sample area, add a buffer, and wait for the result. The result came out negative. However I am worried as I allowed my bloody finger to touch the sample area. The insert to the test says it uses "recombinant HIV antigens" which from my understanding is the HIV virus. I'm now worried that from touching the sample area I have contracted HIV.

I'm really hoping you'll help me as I don't know where else to turn to. I've called a number of helplines and have received contradictory responses.

Please help me.

I don't know exactly what country you are writing from or which type of home HIV test kit you used. However, I can assure you that you cannot contract HIV from an HIV test kit, even if you had unsafe sex with the "recombinant HIV antigens" in the kit, OK?

Stop stressing; it's not good for your baby!

cut mouth after oral...2nd try...donation made
WAITING FOR A REPLY FROM DR. BOB? READ THIS!