Wild italian seeks opinion

Hey doctor Bob, How are you? I hope extremely well. You and Dr. Steve make a good lookin' couple. I am still having anxiety despite a Oraquick Rapid HIv 1/2 test NEG. My last possible exposure was about 11 years ago. I just tested 4 weeks ago. My problem is I started with a bv infection about 3 months ago that was treated with antibiotics, (flagyl YUCK) very bad side effects.Then about a few weeks later I got a strep b infection treated with amoxicillian and now 2 weeks later I have more vag problems and am waiting for my labs.I've been tested for all stds only positive for hpv 6 years ago. Had leep loop and been hpv neg ever since. I keep reading that reoccuring vag infections are a sign of immune weakness and I can't help but think my problem maybe HIV because I was tested so many years later my antibody is not showing anymore and I am on my way to the last stages. I don't know what else to think. My husband was tested neg via Elisa (Blood drawn) 2 years ago. I would have been his exposure. Yes I was a wild italian 11 yrs ago(husband says I still am). Anyhow I have 3 kids now and everytime they sniffle or sneeze ANYTHING, I think "Oh no they have it!!" My doc doesn't sound to sure as wether I should be tested again. She just says if you want to. I am living in paranoia and want to know if it's needless. Do you think I should ask my doctor for a more sensitive test? My other symptoms are a slight sore throat and itchy eyes on and off during the day. I think those are due to my anxiety though. Thank you so much for all your help you are a gift from above. I would love to see you play sometime. My daughter is 9 and plays. Who knew her playing may be used to raise money for something so important someday! May you have 50 more years of life. You definately spread love and laughter to all on this site. And by the way I read in the archives a quote you hope to live your life by. I just want you too know there is no doubt in my mind that you have already acheived all those things. lots of love, A crazy italian

Hey Wild and Crazy Italian,

Your negative OraQuick rapid HIV-1/2 11 years after your last possible (wild) exposure is definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. No additional HIV tests are warranted.

Your vaginal problems are completely unrelated to HIV, as are the vast majority of vaginal problems in general, even "recurrent" vaginal problems/infections!

If you remain worried, you could get another HIV test. However, the only reason to do so would be to put your irrational, unwarranted HIV fears permanently to rest. The results will undoubtedly be negative.

My advice: keep the crazy; keep the wild; drop the worried!

Be well.

The Power Of Mind Over Body
cut mouth after oral...2nd try...donation made