words cant express

dear dr. i dont know u but i feel so connected to u. U are an inspiration to many people including myself. I would like to donate maybe around next month due to my financial jam right now. Dr. I do have a question for you were u freaking when u had been exposed to hiv and how long did it take you seroconvert. I would love to have a doctor like you to treat me. Where is your clinic located will u give me an hiv test in person. I am going crazy with this window period but i try not to make it get the best of me. I jus love your spirit. The only way to know is to get tested so will u send me your good luck karma.

Hello

Was I freaking when I sustained my needle-stick exposure? Well, it certainly wasn't a cause for great celebration. But no, I didn't freak. I quickly washed out the wound, had a blood test taken for HIV and hepatitis and then popped some AZT as post-exposure prophylaxis. (We didn't have many other drugs to take back in 1991!) I knew my risk of contracting HIV from a significant occupational exposure was 1 in 300. Unfortunately, I turned out to win that lottery. My subsequent ARS and seroconversion to HIV positive were not unlike the many stories you can read about on this site.

The Frascino Medical Group is located in Los Altos, California (south of San Francisco, north of San Jose). All our HIV testing is done in person. You are not left alone even during the brief 20 minutes it takes to get the result.

Finally, sure, good karma sent with my blessings!

Inspected, Tested and Dejected
A Thank You that means so much.