Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Oh, the Burden of Waiting.
Sep 15, 2006

Your web site is my only source of comfort right now. If you post a comforting response and I can eventually yell a WOO-HOO I will donate a big chunk of my next check (how big will be determined by how much the govt. wants to rape me).

Last February, in New York, I had a one night stand. I had seen her before, occasionally, as she lived in my building. One night I came home (drum roll please) drunk, and we found our way into each others arms. Strictly vaginal intercourse, no oral or anal. I used a condom as correctly as one could. It did not break, nor slip, nor melt, explode, disintegrate or whatever ones mind can concoct. But afterwards, my buddy came in my room and told me that she had another guy in her room that night. So before she slept with me, she slept with him, thus, the beginning of my nightmare.

It has been 7 months now, and I decided to get tested yesterday, but wont find out for another freakin WEEK! This was so much easier in NY when I only had to wait 30 minutes. It is truly a battle of my left brain over my right. I know its irrational to feel this way but the past year has been hell. I guess theres like a 1/2000 chance I caught it, but so much tragedy has happened in the past year, Im willing to believe anything.

Again if you could PLEASE PLEASE post a comforting response, and I can yell a WOO-HOO in due time, Ill donate a (well deserving) big chunk of my next paycheck.

BTW, out of curiosity, is Steve + or -.

With much love and admiration, Gavin.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hey Gavin,

Steve (Dr. Steve, the expert in the Tratamientos forum) is HIV negative. That makes us a magnetic couple. And that old adage, "opposites attract," well let me tell you it's an understatement when it comes to us. You can read about all that in the archives if you're interested.

Turning to your question, if you used a latex (or polyurethane) condom properly and it did not fail (i.e. melt, explode, disintegrate, evaporate, spontaneously combust, etc., etc., etc.), your HIV risk is virtually nonexistent. HIV cannot permeate intact latex (or polyurethane). No way. No how!

Based on what you've told me, your HIV test will be negative and you'll soon be WOO-HOO-ing like mad, even if your friendly neighbor lady has stroked more wood than a furniture polisher and seen more ceilings than Michelangelo.

Finally, if the government is going to rape you, make sure they wear a condom. Dubya, the Rodeo Clown, and Cheney, the Evil Prince of Halliburton, are much more toxic than HIV.

I'll be waiting for your good news! I'm sending my best good-luck karma, even though I sincerely doubt you'll need it.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Dr. Bob World Tour 2006
Next
Why do O keep coming back to you?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.