Pyschotherapist+your input=me getting better?

Dear Bob

I had my first session with the psychotherapist and showed her your correspondence there are a number of sessions which we will probably need to work on. I trust that you will not be offended by my persistence and repeated questioning but I believe that your added information along with the mental health treatment that I am now receiving will be of great benefit. I am still fixated on the longevity of the virus if semen was mixed with baby oil from an erotic massage and smeared on the outside of a bottle which was subsequently used for my massage. I couldnt find any such data on the internet the only information I could find was for when the fluid is dry or the virus is exposed to air. I would imagine that the baby oil would protect if from the damaging oxygen. My concern is that some of this contaminant would have found its way on my penis in the course of a hand-job given by the girl (using the same baby oil bottle) and since I am not circumcised there would potentially be two routes of transmission - through the eurethra or the foreskin where I understand some cells are more susceptible to hiv transmission. I also know that the shower I had afterwards wasn't thorough as I still had baby oil on my penis the follwoig day. I am now two weeks post potential exposure and nursing a sore throat.

I'll be brief and blunt:

1. You do not have HIV.

2. HIV does not survive in baby oil.

3. You need to continue to work with your psychotherapist. Your problem is your "fixation" and your completely unwarranted and irrational HIV fears, not HIV itself.

Unfortunately there is nothing else I have to offer you other than to encourage you to continue treatment with your therapist. I'm reposting your questions below. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. Focus on your very real medical problem anxiety, and not on an imaginary one that you do not have, HIV.

The deamons won't rest - please help!

Dear Bob

Hello from London where I am in such a state that I cannot see how I can go on for much longer. Please do give some thought to my fears - I have already made a generous donation as a gesture of appreciation for your earlier valuable opinion but the deamons wont give me a break. I would be more than pleased to make a further donation as a sincere thank you for further information. I have read and re-read what you wrote to me earlier and much else that is on this website but need some further advice. As I mentioned in my earlier correspondence, a week ago I was in Eastern Eurpoe where I went for an erotic massage (I have added some extra details to give a fuller picture of my concerns). I didn't think anything of it until I noticed that the back of my legs (they're quite hairy) felt irritated afterwards- the result of a very firm massage were the hair seemed to have been pulled. There were tiny red spots around each hair follicle which I assume was blood but this seemed to be below the top layer of the skin. I couldnt see any hairs having been pulled out and Im sure I would have felt it if that had been the case. A couple of days later a couple of these follicles got infected and am worried sick that this implies that the skin was broken during the massage. Could a hair follicle get infected if the skin wasnt broken? If it was, wouldnt this provide an opportunity for transmission if some semen from a previous customer is rubbed over it? I know that she must have handled the baby oil bottle at some point after the previous customer came into her hands as she would have only wiped her hands with tissues at the time. I am also still worried that having the girl masturbating me (she also massaged the top of my penis and I'm sure she touched the urethra) would have provided a further avenue for transmission. I did have a shower straight afterwards but I do believe that some baby oil may have remained on my penis until the following day and the fact that Im uncircumcised has got me petrified further if thats possible. I will get tested when the 3 month period is up but Im not sure if I can stay sane until then. I have a profession with a lot of responsibility and Im concerned that I will not be able to hold on to this. Is there any interim test I can do in the meantime? I have had a number of symptoms in the past week including night sweats (on the 3rd and 4th day), sore neck (swollen glands?) and a general feeling of discomfort under the arms, muscular pain, diarrhoea and Im convinced Im developing a sore throat. I have checked my temperature regularly and it seems to fluctuate from 36.7 to 37.3 during a one day cycle. The tip of my penis is also burning slightly. I had almost convinced myself that my symptoms were linked to anxiety but a sore throat? Please help. Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello Again,

Are you back so soon?

Despite the added details, my assessment of your risk remains exactly the same nonexistent!

Your symptoms are not related to HIV, because you don't have HIV. I agree they are most likely due to your anxiety even the sore throat! I agree demons (not HIV!) are your problem. And that is where you need to focus your attention. Your HIV fears are completely unwarranted and irrational. You need to seek help putting those demons to rest (not getting unwarranted HIV tests!) I'd suggest you see a psychologist or psychiatrist. Show them your questions to me and my responses. The therapist should help you confront and conquer your demons. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. Your three-month definitive test will undoubtedly be negative and once you realize you do not have HIV, all your symptoms will magically disappear. I'll repost your original question below. Continue to read and reread my replies as often as necessary to help battle your demons!

Good luck!

re-submission - please help

Dear Bob

Please, please answer me as I am losing the battle to stay sane and the will to live I have already written to you but did not receive a response. I would also like to make a donation I am astounded and deeply moved by your level of commitment in helping people through this website. About five days ago I was in Eastern Europe (Riga) where I was talked into getting an Erotic Massage. The girl who was topless (panties stayed on) proceeded to message my legs using baby oil and continued with body rubbing etc. She then finished by giving me a handjob (no gloves or condom). I am worried sick that I may have contracted hiv or hep B for a number of reasons. First, about an hour later the back of my legs felt very irritated. I have rather hairy legs and I noticed that the massage must have pulled at these hairs causing tiny red patched around each hair follicle. Two days later I noticed that one had become infected and am worried that this implies that the skin was broken. As far as I can tell no hairs were actually pulled out. Secondly I am sure that the same baby oil bottle was used on previous customers and I am worried that some semen from previous customers may have been on it which could have been transferred to me when re-lubricating her hands to proceed with the handjob there was also some massaging of the tip of my penis. I also do not know whether there may have been cuts on the girls hand always a possiblity. Within the last two days Ive had night sweats, headaches and neckaches and I am convinced that my glands around the throat area are painful. The tip of my penis also feels slightly irritated but there is no visibly broken skin. I am also uncircumcised. What are the risks? Please, please, help.

The HIV risk from erotic massage and masturbation is nonexistent. Your fears are completely unwarranted.

Sure, the hair follicles on your legs could have been irritated by your sexy rub-a-dub-dub, but this is not a mechanism for HIV transmission. And as for the previous customer's spunk contaminating the baby oil bottle and then being transferred to your massage-gal's hands and then on to you via a hand job . . . no way, no how. If HIV were so easily transmitted, it would have wiped out the whole planet years ago. Finally, the possibility of cuts on your handy-gal's hands, this would not be a mode of HIV transmission, even when spanking your monkey, OK?

Your symptoms are not worrisome for HIV disease.

Although your risk is nonexistent, if you remain worried about this incident, get an HIV test at the three-month mark. It will be negative. Please realize the only reason to get this test is to calm your irrational fears of HIV, as there was no real chance of infection.

Thank you for your donation to help those in desperate need. (www.concertedeffort.org).

Stay safe. Stay well. Be well.

Valproic acid
reducing kaletra to reduce side effects