Help the family!!! Pregnant wife!!!!

Hello Dr. Bob,

First I would like to say you are a wonderful person and doing such a wonderful thing!!!!

Please excuse my poor English as it is not my native language. Please take your time to read my story and give us suggestions. Hopefully you understand what I am taling about...

Here is my situation:

My wife is pregnant and the baby is due at end of Oct. I made a biggest mistake in my like that I had unprotected insertive oral sex and protected vaginal sex with a sex work at Aug. 1 in a biz trip. I deeply kissed my wife the next day after I backed home. We kissed after we went to the bed, not sure if I have blood in my mouth because of the teeth brush. One week later (7 days) my wife developed flu like symptoms headache, snuffling, nausea, muscle ache and feeling tired. All gone after 5 days. Started from week 2 (Aug. 15) both of us had bad mouth ulcer. I had two swollen lymph nodes under my jaw. Around week 4 (Aug 28), I started to have muscle ache or tringling muscle, the ache/trigling moved from my arms to legs and to my neck (behind ears) and joints. I only lasted about 10 seconds in one place and moved on. During this period of time, I had sore throat, one day I even waked up by the sore throat. I also felt tired. I did not have fever though. The symptoms went away after one and half weeks. This freaked me out as I know the HIV symptoms all comes and goes all at once. This is exactly what I have. Yesterday I felt better physically but my mind just thinking about I may just get HIV from my one stupid action. As I know ARS do come together and goes together. I wish I could get the muscle pain again, but I don't. I am so sure that I got HIV infection from the blowjob. The symptoms are pertectly match the ARS windows. I only pray to God to pretect my wife and the unborn baby. My wife started to have some cough or discharg in the throat since middle of week4 without any other symptoms. I kept checking her body more than 10 times a day but no able to find a swollen node. Her highest temp. was 98.3 took in the mouth. I wish I could shot myself dead but I simply cannot leave my wife and unborn baby behind. But if I passed it to them, I will do it. Tomorrow I am gonna take the six week test. I will level it with my wife if I got a "-". I wish I got So here is the quetions I beg you to answer: BTW, I've called several clinic hotlines. Only one nurse told me I don't need test, no worry about HIV. The others are: low risk, come get test...

I've got test for other STDs are all come back "-".

1. Does the symptoms my wife had sounds like HIV infections?

2. Do I need take my wife for HIV test? If yes, when? I am trying not to bring her to this kind of test as it may give her too much pressure as she is on the late stage of the preganancy.

3. What do you think of my symptoms? Could it simply caused by anxiety? I have been worried like this since Aug. 9.

4. Does my symptoms suggest seroconvertion?

5. May I ask for one of your best-luck karmar for my family?

I have donated $100 online to help people may need it.

Please keep up the great work!

Gog bless you.

Blue

Hello Blue,

First the facts:

A. Protected vaginal sex is indeed protected if the latex condom was used properly and did not fail (break).

B. Unprotected insertive oral sex carries a minimal to negligible risk for HIV transmission.

C. Symptoms, even those that "perfectly match the ARS windows," do not equal HIV disease. In fact, symptoms are notoriously unreliable in predicting HIV infection.

To answer your specific questions:

1. No.

2. No. But I do agree you should level with her. (She'll only need an HIV test in the extremely unlikely case that your HIV test is positive.)

3. Yes.

4. No.

5. Absolutely. My best good-luck/good-health karma is on its way! (It hasn't failed me yet!)

Thank you for your donation. Showing compassion and generosity to others in desperate need is also a very good way to rack up excellent cosmic karma!

Thanks for the blessing! By the way, who the heck is "Gog?"

Good luck!

Need second opinion
Latex VS Polyurethane