Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Need second opinion
Sep 12, 2006

Doctor,

As i was having sex (im in college) with this girl (aha another college skank.. those are popular.. unfair how the guys are never the skanks... kuz i feel like one) anyway, the condom broke and we had sex for 15 minutes unprotected where i juiced her. I've been to every single STD clinic in the city i live in canada and all told me the same thing. TESTING WASNT WARRANTED! they said that they could do a test, but it wasnt worth my money, and they refused me PEP(this was the next morning). They all gave me the same answer: ''In all my [15-20something] years (depending on the clinic ) of HIV testing there has not been one single case where a heterosexual male has become HIV+ from one single exposure. and because you are circumsized we doubt it even more'' and told me to take a hot bath and forget about it. i mean could all 12 clinics be wrong?? I live in a cosmopolitan city that has a very effective HIV task force.

What do you think? I havnt picked up any STD from the girl (Wasnt tested for HIV). I was fine until this morning i had a sore throat (im past the 6 months mark now) so the sore throat isnt ARS related, but as i was feeling my neck, i found a rather large lump, definatly over 1.5cm diameter, theres the same one on the other side. the thing is, i can only touch it when my head is down, if i look straight i cant find the lump anywhere, could that just be a muscle?? it hides in the fat and rides up on the under side of my jaw bone. God bless... PS: please answer this, theres this girl i really like and i've been postponing our OOH LA LA for awhile now... shes gonna think i have erectile dysfunction or something!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

You juiced a skank through a broken condom for 15 minutes and your STD clinics don't feel testing is warranted????

Your city may be cosmopolitan, but I really have to wonder just how "effective" that HIV task force really is!!!

Your condom failure does place you at risk for STDs, including HIV. Testing is indeed warranted, even if the statistical odds of contracting HIV are low.

Your current symptoms are not worrisome for HIV; however, because of the 15 minutes of unprotected skanky-hanky-panky, I'd get an HIV rapid test before proceeding on with your OH-LA-LA-ing.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Dr Frascino Please Help
Next
Help the family!!! Pregnant wife!!!!

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.