Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

i'll take that bet
Sep 11, 2006

Dear,Dr.Bob

I'll take that bet. I am sure I will be the first documented case. If I am not I will send your foundation 100 more dollars. I hope I don't have too though. My symptoms are so consistent with ARS though. I believe that college skank infected me some how. I thank you for your encouraging words though. They have really brought my stress factor down too a 40%. I still feel like I got it some how. Have you ever been wrong before and, have my symptoms ever been reported and the person was negative. Swollen lymph nodes in neck and groin are such a big sighn. Also when I get out the shower my skin peals everywhere when I dry off. You still wanna make the bet? This is the guy who just wrote you about the lying skanky college slut. Thanks for all of your support, I trully admire you for it. By the way, can small holes be put in latex without it breakage(maybe I didn't see or notice). I already sent the first donation hpefully it will be 2.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

OK, consider it a bet! But you might want to peruse the archives and take note of all the other folks who were equally sure they would become "the first documented case" but eventually wound up WOOOOO-HOOOOO-ing instead.

Symptoms schmymptoms! They are totally unreliable in diagnosing HIV infection. Again, this is very well documented in the archives! Have a look!

Have I ever been wrong before? Sure! I never predicted that Rodeo Clown Dubya would get reelected. But have I ever been wrong about someone with your type of exposure/symptoms? Nope!

Stop worrying about nonexistent "small holes" in latex condoms that you might not have noticed! The only thing you should be worrying about is losing that bet!

Be well. Stay well. (Yes, you are indeed well!)

Dr. Bob

Previous
Broken Condom
Next
condom with Nonoxynol-9,i think im in trouble

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.