The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App 
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention
Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question
  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Broken Condom

Sep 11, 2006

Doc, have looked all over the forum and found a lot of answers which seemed similar, but needed to ask and confirm anyway.

I made the mistake of having sex with an escort and the condom broke. Did not realize till we were changing positions at which time I saw that the condom was in tatters my penis was sticking out. I think that we had been going at it for about five-eight minutes so as soon as I saw I rushed to the bathroom to wash with soap and water, and managed to convince the escort to go for a blood test.

I live in Pakistan so there are barely any PEP formulations available, and even most doctors are not clued in. The test on the escort takes 24 hours so in the meantime I am going crazy.

What should I do if the escorts blood test results come out hiv positive. By the time results are announced I would already be standing at approximately 36 hours past the event.

Response from Dr. Frascino


PEP (post-exposure prophylaxis) is merely a combination of readily available antiretroviral drugs used to treat HIV/AIDS. These drugs are available in Pakistan. Physicians or you, if you are interested, can download the latest updated guidelines for PEP from the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services at If your partner is confirmed to be HIV positive and you had a significant exposure due to the condom failure, PEP would be warranted.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Donation! This has never been answered/addressed before- Night club risk! HELP ASAP! Soo worried!
i'll take that bet

  • Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

 Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS



This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.

Powered by ExpertViewpoint