Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Donation! This has never been answered/addressed before- Night club risk! HELP ASAP! Soo worried!
Sep 11, 2006

I am a female and was dancing in a night club with friends. Without my realization, an older man began grinding/dancing behind me. I only realized he was there when I felt something poke my lower back/buttox area, and then I quickly moved away from him. I believe he had an erection at the time and that was what I felt poke me. I was wearing a tank top, jeans, and underwear at the time. I immediately left the dance floor after that incident and doused the back of my shirt and butt of my jeans with purel sanitizer. However, I have raised concern since after the fact I learned men were known to try to expose themselves to females in that club [and therefore it may have been a bare penis which had contact with me. The club was dark, i couldnt tell]. In addition, upon leaving the club the back of my pants were sticky against my skin. I am not sure if that may have been caused by the purel or from some of his bodily fluids getting on my jeans. I am completely freaked out by this and would truly appreciate any insight, especially regarding my risk of hiv infection if he had in fact ejaculated on the buttox of my jeans [which soaked through to my skin]. Thanks!

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hi,

You doused the back of your shirt and butt of your jeans with Purell Hand Sanitizer just because a dude was dancing behind you??? What would you do if he gave you a friendly hug and kiss? Run yourself through the Maytag with extra bleach???

Dearie, relax. There is absolutely no HIV risk from a little bit of dirty dancing,even if his pecker poked your Juicy Jeans. OK?

Dr. Bob

Previous
Hello from Asia
Next
Broken Condom

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.