waiting for 3 month test (and need a chance to send my second donation after getting negative result)

Hi Doctor On 3rd Sept,after getting the answer of my first question, i wrote you under heading "Doctor thanks for good wishes.I just donate" Now I hope you will not mind to answer few more question. At moment i am on the 10th week of my exposure.From last 1 week i am having problem with my throat/Neck.Physically nothing looks wrong inside mouth but i have pain in sollowing anything and also frequent low grade chest pain(on the bottom of neck).This problem is not ending even after taking medication.Also i am having frequent loose motions which ends within a day time without medications. Pl. answer- 1)Is it the possible symptoms of HIV? 2)Can symptoms may appear even after 10 weeks of exposer? 3) As i am in Dubai and i can be deported if tested positive(ofcourse will loose my job too), i am not able to find out any local AIDS organisation for confidential testing(i tried lot of sources).Can anyone help me in this matter?

with best regards and good wishes

With so many people writing in requesting information and reassurance, I will not be able to continue to "answer a few more questions" and urge you to use the archives, as the information you request is there!

Briefly:

1. Symptoms, no matter what they are, do not equal HIV disease. Symptoms are notoriously unreliable in determining who is HIV positive and who is not. If you've placed yourself at risk, you need to get tested, whether or not you are asymptomatic or have every imaginable (and some unimaginable ones as well) symptom, OK?

2. Doesn't matter. See #1 above.

3. Perhaps you could try Home Access Express Test. It's available over the Internet and FDA-approved.

Help me- still i am at risk after 6 week negative?

Hello Doctor.

First of all i just want to congratulate you for doing such a great great and great work for socity.Now i beleive that still there are few massenger of God in earth like you.i wish you a healthy and long life. I am a male 39yrs living in Dubai(UAE).Till 2 month back i was living a happy life with my cute wife and 9yrs loving son.But in last week of June i did first time the bigest mistake of my life and went to a night club and after drink had only veginal sex with a girl(sex worker).In the very biggining of start i felt Condom failure and change it with new one.There was a little direct exposure without condome.The total episode was for only say 5 to 8 minutes and the girl was not very supportive. After reaching home i realize my mistake and much worried about the hiv infection.I started to surch the website for symptoms.After 1 or 2 days i observe Sore throat,loss of appetite and 3kg weight loss within one week.I was totally mad.These were the only symptoms i had. I had 3 week,4 week and 6 week antibody test - all result negative. But still i am very much worry as it's question of my whole family.What's the reliability of my tests keeping type of exposure in mind? What are the chances of being this girl hiv positive(keeping in mind the hiv status of Dubai)?I have tested my self in India.What is the reliabilty of test in India?If i get tested in Dubai and if it will b positive,i will loose my job.Can i have confidential testing in Dubai? I know my all questions are stupid but i can not sleep weel before getting answer. I know u have lot of questions to reply but please reply me this time as i already tried you once before. Also please tell me how can i donate to yr foundation through Credit card(i am not arich man but will donate as much as i can) with great hope

Hello Dubai-Guy,

Thanks for your kind comments.

Your HIV risk is brief unprotected insertive penile-vaginal sex with a partner of unknown HIV serostatus. Overall this risk would be classified as very low, but not completely nonexistent. For reference purposes, the estimated per-act risk for acquisition of HIV from unprotected insertive penile-vaginal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 5 per 10,000 exposures. Your estimated risk would be less because we do not know the status of your sex worker.

Your negative HIV-antibody tests at three, four and six weeks are extremely encouraging, but not completely definitive. HIV-antibody tests taken prior to three months are not considered to be conclusive. You'll need one more test at the three-months (or greater) to be certain you are HIV negative. However, I should point out the odds are astronomically in your favor that you did not contract HIV from this indiscretion.

To specifically answer your questions:

1. Reliability of tests? I responded to this concern above. 2. Chances of your sex worker being HIV positive? There are no reliable statistics for this.

3. HIV tests in India are very reliable.

4. I do not know if confidential testing is available in Dubai or not. Perhaps you could check with the local AIDS service organizations there.

5. Donation information for The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be found on the Foundation's Web site at www.concertedeffort.org. Yes, we accept credit cards, PayPal, checks, money orders, direct wire transfers, appreciated stock, oil wells, you name it! Thanks for your willingness to help others in desperate need.

I'll send you my very best good-luck/good-health karma that your definitive HIV test remains negative. I very strongly suspect it will.

Should HIV + person get married?
Hello again from Mommy of three