Oral Escapade:Waiting game or WOOO HOOO?[Cracked Medical Doctor]

Dear Bob,

I must say that your forum has just about kept me sane for the last 3 months or so...I ve become a HIV advocate encouraging all my friends to get tested and promoting the use of condoms..... 11.5 weeks ago I receive unprotected oral sex[5 minutes] from an escort...there was no visible blood on my penis but I feel like a complete lemming or dodo...really its the stupidest thing I ve done in the past because I ve had unprotected oral from over 200 women and never thought twice..but this time I freaked out cos....I had some really bad healing tears/cracks/ + 2 days healing + I had put Betadine on it thinking it will help... bout 8 or so cracks on the tip of my foreskin...yeah I know off all the places..plus the literature that slants towards an increase predisposition for our Foreskin Enhanced population...to date I seem to have the whole gamut of symptoms from neuropathy of burning pains all over particularly on my left palm and left leg...intermittent.....to just this morning when I noticed white stuff on the inside of my cheek that wiped away easily despite me having used daktarin orally....DAMN THE BLOODY FUNGUS!!!..even after oral Itraconozole for 5 days and dakatrin that I self presribed the hyphae beasts are still multiplying in my mouth...GRRRR!!!

Sadly I am 150% convinced that I am HIV +ve from 1 episode of unprotected oral sex despite all the -ve tests and Mr Lab [Gribbles MALAYSIA] that assures me that they used the most advanced ELISA test....anyway my tests thus far are:

Post exposure:

Week 3 HIV 1 + 2 : -ve, p24: -ve Artus Kit RNA PCR: -ve

Week 5 HIV 1 + 2: -ve p24:-ve

Week 8 HIV 1+2: -ve p24:-ve

Week 10 HIV 1+2: -ve p24: -ve

Week 11.5 HIV 1+2: -ve

MRI brain + EMG +CK enzymes+nerve conduction studies: all negative

CMV Ig G-positive Ig M - negative

Bob..I just dont feel that I will be normal again...feel so stupid for having put myself in such a vulnerable position...if only I had stopped at the 199th girl and used protection for oral...its gonna take a miracle....

Do I have to wait till day 90 for another test? Whatever the outcome I ve decided come the ultimatum I will donate to your noble foundation...thank you so much....

A Anxious Soon to be HIV + 28 year old doctor,,:(

PS- I ve never engaged in unprotected sex apart from receptive oral...

Hello Cracked MD,

The forum has "just about kept me sane . . . ." Hmmm . . . that would imply we didn't actually succeed in keeping you sane, so you are now officially a nutter?

Your story is rather nutty as well. ". . . just this morning when I noticed white stuff on the inside of my cheek that wiped away easily despite me having used dakatrin orally . . . . even after oral itraconazole for 5 days and dakatrin that I self prescribed the hyphae beasts are still multiplying in my mouth . . . ." WHAT? There are many things wrong with this statement. For instance, if you only noticed "white stuff" this morning, why would you have taken five days of itraconazole??? And why are you self-diagnosing and self-prescribing??? Didn't you learn anything in medical school??? One of the earliest lessons we were taught (and I still try to instill this in all medical students I come in contact with) is that "any doctor who tries to diagnose and treat himself has an idiot for a doctor and a fool for a patient!"

"Sadly I am 150% convinced that I am HIV+ve from 1 episode of unprotected oral sex despite all the negative tests . . . ." I agree this is indeed "sad," because it does not bode well for your career as a physician. You are demonstrating poor judgment and lack of the skills set required to be a competent physician.

Your HIV risk, insertive oral sex, carries a minimal risk for HIV. HIV-antibody tests taken prior to three months are not considered definitive. PCR testing is not recommended for routine HIV screening. Your "neuropathy" is more likely anxiety. Your "white stuff" is most likely not fungal. Your repeatedly negative (and excessive) HIV tests out to 11.5 weeks would, in my opinion, be conclusive: you are HIV negative.

If indeed you are a medical doctor, you have much to learn.

Donation
Complicated case (amended)