Please help. Can't sleep...

Hi Dr. Bob. I am begging you to help me. This is the third time I have written, but haven't seen an answer yet. I know you are a busy man, but I am beggin for your help. From 1993-98 I was exposed to an HIV infected man - I am a woman. During this time we had unprotected vaginal and oral sex. I was tested with the Oraquick Oral test in July and tested negative. I know these results are to be considered conclusive, but I am still worried sick. I am currently 33 weeks pregnant and am out of my mind with fear. I had "commonly acquired" pneumonia last fall and have had a persistent cough for 2 mos during my pregnancy. Do you think further testing is necessary, or can I really let this nightmare come to an end? Please help me...

Your negative OraQuick test in July is definitive and conclusive. I see no reason for prolonging your nightmare. It should have ended when you got your negative HIV-test results in July. If you need additional reassurance, you can retest. I don't feel it's warranted if your last exposure was in 1998; however, if it's the only way to wake you up from your bad dream, then it may be worth the effort.

PEP with Zerit and Videx ONLY ??
Is your foundation listed on Combined Federal Campaign for donations?