Co-Infection???

Doc,

I have a few questions to ask, regarding a possible exposure. Incident was sex with a woman of unknown status, everything was with a condom on (she had one with her). Seven weeks after the incident I started feeling sick (almost had all the symptoms of ARS, but they showed up over time). I have been tested multiple times, at 4, 11.5, and 20 weeks. The 20 week test was an Oral ORASURE test and I believe it tested for HIV 1 and 2 (negative). I read on your site in the forums that if the technician does not read the test results right then they can give you incorrect answers. I only bring this up because, I still have symptoms to this day, such as pain near the liver, sore neck and shoulder, tingling in the toes, cramps in my calves, I feel hot and sweat at random times (no real night sweats), and have what appears to be a white tongue (went to the dentist last week and they said it does not look like thrush).

I have been reading all of your current and past responses regarding CO infection with Hepatitis and I want to know if you recommend that I need to test again. I was actually in San Jose recently and was considering stopping by to get tested, but I was not sure if you had to make an appointment in advance.

How can I donate and stay anonymous?

Many thanks

If a latex condom was used properly and did not fail, your HIV risk is virtually nonexistent. Your repeatedly negative HIV tests out to 20 weeks are definitive and conclusive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how!

Your "symptoms" are not consistent with or worrisome for HIV.

Do you need additional testing? No, not from a medical standpoint. You had a "non-exposure" and you've had three negative tests out to 20 weeks. If for whatever reason you don't trust your previous tests or continue to worry about unusual circumstances you can schedule an evaluation or an HIV test at the Frascino Medical Group by calling 650-917-1357. Yes, appointments are required; otherwise we wouldn't be able to give you undivided attention!

Anonymous donations to The Robert James Frascino AIDS Foundation can be given as cash or money orders. Certainly, personal checks, credit cards, PayPal, etc. are also accepted. If you were to choose to send a personal check and want to remain anonymous, you can include a note letting us know that and the Foundation will certainly respect your wishes by not sending an acknowledgement.

Be well. Stay well.

Doc
Pls. help me, Dr. Bob