pencil stab (answer this one, not the other) = just my luck - and yours too because im gunna keep donating*

hi dr bob, ' i was recently handed one of those mechanical pencils with a metal point. just my luck, i wind up getting my skin punctured with it! they were in a rush when handing it to me. i bled (so annoying)

would i be at risk for any diseases you can get via blood contact if say there was blood in the pencil and because the tip is hollow . i mean who knows, it made me bleed, right?

would this be like a stick from a needle?

thanks dr bob i have donated to you before and will again. yourfriend, human target

Hello Human Target,

Your HIV risk from being stabbed by the mechanical metal pencil is nonexistent. I can assure you hollow-bore syringes and mechanical pencils are two very different instruments. If you don't believe me, roll up your sleeve and come over here while I try to draw blood from your arm with my mechanical pencil. OUCHAMAGOUCHA! Yes, I do realize the pencil did make you bleed, but an HIV risk? Nah. The odds would be so remote as to be nonexistent. HIV doesn't live outside the body for very long and just how many people do you think this pencil wounded? It's not exactly a WMD, right?

Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org)!

Be well. Stay well. (Yes, you are indeed well.)

Another fan from Down Under
stupid question conclusive & definitive