Another fan from Down Under
Sep 6, 2006
Dear Doc Bob, I would really love to hear from you as your cheerful and courageous attitude would really cheer me up....
7 weeks ago I had protected sex with a female worker at a brothel...she instigated condom use right from the beginning of our session and pretty much took charge of the whole encounter. What has spooked me a lot is that after I had climaxed I never saw the condom when it came off so I don't know if it were still intact. (The worker was on-top of me and took it off herself). On asking her of its condition she answered angrily: "didn't you see it?!" And went on to tell me that she didn't answer "dumb questions". (I would like to add that in my country prostitution is legal and monitored by the public health sector).
6 weeks after this I developed an itchy rash on my legs which one docter said was scabies (how embarrassing) while another said it was only insect bites which was confusing as I rarely get bitten by insects...I also have developed an all over body itch was has really worried me, (I'm a very hygienic person and shower every day). I have had a lot of muscle and joint pain and times when I have felt light headed also which comes and goes throughout the day...(is this HIV?) I have had however, numerous panic attacks since this experience so I feel this could also be a contributing factor.
3 questions Doc Bob.
1. Do my symptoms sound like ars? 2. Was my encounter risky? 3. Should I get tested at 3 months or just get on with my life and put it behind me?
Doc Bob, an answer from you would really make a difference for me.
Response from Dr. Frascino
G'day Worried Mate,
What is it with all you Aussie-Boyz and all your worries lately???? You are the 5th one today.
Let me get right to your specific questions:
3. I'd suggest putting it behind you. However, if you can't, then a single three-month test, which will undoubtedly be negative, should put any residual worries to rest.
I'd suggest focusing your attention on your very real anxiety and panic attacks, rather than worry about a nonexistent HIV infection.
Stay well. Feel better. Stop worrying.
You're giving fun-loving, fearless Aussie-Boyz a bad name!
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Should I Get Tested After Blowjob From A Prostitute?
- Burning Urethra After Having Sex During Period Worried I Have HIV
- Cold Feet After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Cold Feet After Protected Anal Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Itchy Skin After Blowjob Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Tingling In Feet After Insertive Anal Sex With Condom Does It Mean I Have HIV
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.