|HIV into urethra during masturbation?
Sep 6, 2006
I'm 15, and I've been masturbating for about an year. I have not really noticed any strange effects in my life, but I feel guilty about it (my religion does not permit me to masturbate).
Also, I remember learning in Biology that HIV virus is actually all over the place but it requires an entry into an organism to get active. So while I masturbate, I usually like to have very hot water of the shower blown onto my penis.
So I was wondering, since the virus might be present in water too, and it entered my urethra through the small opening, could it cause AIDS?
I am afraid to take an HIV test because it would mean telling my parents that I masturbate or I have done something wrong.
Also I had made out once with a girl last year. We didn't even kiss or have sex, really, but could it turn into a serious problem?
Thanks a LOT for your time.
| Response from Dr. Frascino
Despite what your religion would want you to believe, here are the facts:
1. Masturbation is healthy and normal. There is no reason you shouldn't enjoy it. And certainly no reason to feel guilty about doing it. There are no health risks associated with masturbation! None!
2. HIV is not "all over the place." In fact, HIV lives and reproduces only inside human beings hence the name Human Immunodeficiency Virus. HIV can be spread by unprotected sex (not using a condom). It is not spread by kissing, masturbating, sweat, tears, saliva, urine, mosquitoes, doorknobs or hot water in the shower.
3. You have no reason to seek out an HIV test, as you did not have an HIV risk.
Samir, I suggest you spend some time reviewing the information about HIV, HIV transmission, HIV prevention and safer sexual practices on this site and related links. Once you've learned the truth, spread the word to your friends so they will understand the scientific facts of HIV/AIDS, masturbation, safer sex, HIV prevention and HIV transmission.
Stop worrying. Get informed. Teach others. Stay safe. Stay well.
Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS
- Flaky Skin After Oral Sex With No Protection Does It Mean I Have HIV
- Groin Pain After Anal Sex Top Sign Of HIV AIDS
- Swollen Glands After Receiving Oral Sex Worried I Have HIV
- Can You Get Hepatitis B After Vaccine?
- Does Apple Cider Vinegar Get Rid Of Genital Warts?
- Does Nuvaring Cause Vaginal Irritation?
This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.
Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.