Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Accidental collision with a bum
Sep 5, 2006

Dear Dr. Bob,

You are the best doctor in the world, and you have been my inspiration for the past three years. Make a long story brief, I always worry about getting HIV from daily life. Three hours ago, I was walking on the street sidewalk, and a bum hit me with his bike from the back, I immediately falled down and both of my knees hit the ground and had minor abrasions. The bum guy also falled down after the collision. I am 100% sure that the bum guy did not have any contact with my abrasions, but his head possibly collided with my head; when I looked back, he already got up and ran away. Some pedestrains immediately surrounded me and tried to offer some help, and I asked one woman if she could see any cut, abrasions or blood from my neck or head, and she said "No." I got up and drove all the way to home. 30 minutes later, My Mum then took a careful look of my head and neck, and did not find any blood or wound at all. I did have some acnes on my neck and head. My question is 1. if the bum guy was bleeding during the collision, and the blood contacted my acne, am I at any risk? 2. Have you ever heard any similar transmission like this before? I had my only hiv ELISA test in 2002, and it was negative; I am not a MSM, not an IDU, never received any blood transfusion, never had sex with any other woman, except my wife, but I always worry about getting it from daily life activities. Today's accident has made me very worried, your answer would be greatly appreciated, donation is on the way for sure.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

Thanks for your kind comments.

Your HIV risk from being bum-bumped is completely nonexistent. I see absolutely no cause for concern or worry whatsoever.

Be well. Stay well.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Dr. Bob You Rock! Please read
Next
Dear dr...Kiss of doom?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.