high risk guy a little freaked out

Hey Dr. Bob, again, thanks for the help for the worried well. This past week, after your response, I was at a community event where an testing counselor at a local clinic (AIDS Survival Project) said "a test at 8 months is not conclusive...your partner could have had a weak strain, or could have been on HAART. Only a one year test is conclusive." Freak out!! I know that contradicts CDC stuff, and also what they say on their own website...so what gives?? Is that possible? Also...another guy (a speaker) said that if "clinical symptoms" persist after a test, no matter how long beyond the window period, that retesting is mandated. Somebody challenged him, and he quoted a CDC site.

What do you think? Why all the conflicting information. My clinic (AIDAtlanta) who I trust, says "you are negative, conclusive." So does Dr. Bob. Can you help me out here?

By the way, I just sent a check to "concerted effort." I am a pianist, but I could never keep up with you dude. You make me sound like I am playing "chopsticks." I never tackled classic, only pop stuff. Keep your fingers happy!

The choice of whom to believe is up to you. I'm sure the "testing counselor" means well (and is probably following some outdated guidelines), but I doubt he is an HIV specialist physician with over a quarter of a century of experience in HIV/AIDS research and treatment. So once again, the choice of whom to believe is up to you.

My opinion is the same. You are HIV negative. If you want to test again at one year, the option is open to you. It will be a waste of time, energy, blood and money, but it's your time, energy, blood and money. So the decision is yours. The result will once again be negative. Check the archives and you'll find lots of testimonials from folks who did just that and wrote back to tell me "Hey Dr. Bob, guess what??? You were right!" Needless to say, I didn't need to guess. I already knew!

Thanks for your donation!

Keep ticking the 88s!

Statistics...responsible ones?
masturbating with blood! - donation