Statistics...responsible ones?

Dear Doc...firt of all...Hello from Portugal.

I'm an heterosexual married male, happy with his life, and a daily consumer of your Q&A. Comparing your answers for instance, with the portuguese doctors...you are from far THE BEST.

By the way,,,I'm HIV-

The question I have, is not really a question. I read this statiscal information (http://www.dph.sf.ca.us/sfcityclinic/stdbasics/stdchart.asp), wich, as far as I understand, eliminates the risks of oral transmission...

as an english MBA teacher i had used to say,,,"Could you elaborate on that"??

Sorry for my somehow basic english (bet far better than your portuguese...)

from portugal...with care

Although I did pick up some Portuguese on my travels in Brazil, you are correct: your English is far better.

Yes, I'm aware of the San Francisco City Clinic Chart on "STD Basics" and, in general, I agree with it. However, as with all charts and graphs, it's a bit difficult to include all the information or data in chart form. In the case of oral sex, that would include case reports and anecdotal experiences that suggest HIV can be transmitted through oral sex. However, this would certainly seem to be a relatively rare occurrence and perhaps most often associated with extenuating circumstances, such as cuts in the mouth, bleeding gums, high viral loads, etc. However, it would be inappropriate, in my opinion, to categorically conclude the HIV risk of acquiring HIV from oral sex is nonexistent. For now, the best we can advise is that risk is low and, in most cases, extremely low, OK?

Stay safe. Stay well.

circumcision (CIRCUMCISION)
high risk guy a little freaked out