Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter 

I NEED U NOW MORE THAN EVER DOC

Dr.Bob

hey this is kirk I need your help your forums are what has been keeping me going they really have. Also I promise too use good punctuation and grammer this time honest. As you know I had protected sex with a condom that had been through the washing machine, but there where no holes in it and it did not fail and never broke. Ever since then I had achy joints in the hands,knees,elbows,and toes. My mom thinks its arthritis because it runs in my family or she thinks it comes from basketball but it has never happened to me before. I also have painful muscles sometimes and the skin on my hands is peeling like little circles, its like I will have a little bump in that spot then it goes down and the skin peals she thinks that that is conatact dermititis but I think I know what it is i'm scared and coming from my neighborhood thats not something u can say to everyone. I need your help doc the sex was protected but the condom went through the rinse cycle LOL, but as long as it did not break I should be fine right. Also if the condom was expired which it was not but if it was and didn't break would it still work. 1 more thing doc I devoloped jock itch the next day but I know it was jock itch could the virus be absorbed through that if I had no cuts or anything just pre jock itch and how long does hiv related lymph nodes stay swollen and is it possible for them too go down, thaks alot doc your like the yoda of this aids stuff and I promise I will donate 250$ too your fund its nothin trust me.

thanks alot doc yo favorite homeboy KIRK!!!

Hey Favorite Homeboy Kirk,

Let's start with that promise to "use good punctuation and grammar" and look at the following statement:

"1 more thing doc I devoloped jock itch the next day but I know it was jock itch could the virus be absorbed through that if I had no cuts or anything just pre jock itch and how long does hiv related lymph nodes stay swollen and is it possible for them too go down, thaks alot doc your like the yoda of this aids stuff and I promise I will donate 250$ too your fund its nothing trust me."

OK, Kirk, let's just agree that punctuation and grammar aren't your strong suit and move on.

I'm not exactly sure what additional advice you want from me. I certainly haven't changed my mind form the last response I wrote (see below), so I'll just reiterate:

1. Since the condom didn't break, you should still be protected if you used it properly, even though you sent it through the washing machine and even "if the condom was expired which it was not but if it was!!!"

2. I can't diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet, but I can tell you your aches and pains and "peeling like little circles" are not consistent with, suggestive of or worrisome for HIV disease.

3. "Pre-jock itch" is not a concern for HIV transmission.

4. HIV-related lymphadenopathy is quite variable in duration. Generally speaking, when the lymph nodes swell, they stay swollen for quite some time.

My advice to you remains exactly the same, Kirk: as far as HIV is concerned, I don't believe you have anything to worry about. However, if you remain worried and clearly you are get an HIV rapid test at the three-month mark. It will be negative. It may be the most efficient and effective way to calm your unwarranted fears.

Dr. Bob (Yoda)

washing macine condom still good????

Dear Dr.Bob

for starters I must say that I read every question anyone asks u because I think u might have to be 1 of the most down to earth people I have ever read about but lets talk about the question I had sex with this girl not too long ago and the first time we did it I used a condom that had been through the washing machine now at first I was sceptacle but after I put it on and examined it it was perfectly fine no wholes no tears so we did it I came inside her in the condom but all the semen was there when I took it off we had sex 2 more times after that which were both protected but she gave me unprotected oral sex she has recently been tested but i'm paranoid and I have had a stiff joint in my knee and elbow but I do play alot of basketball also a small rash like series of bumps has appeared on my hand and they itch and my neck is a little stiff and hurts sometimes what do u think if she was positive am I at risk another factor I forgot to put in is I had jock itch I think the same day we had sex the first time and one of my lymph nodes in my groin grew because of it with hiv or any other std would the lymph node go down after a week tell me what u think doc i'm 19 yrs of age and pretty much healthy

thanks alot kirk

Hey Kirk,

I agree sex is always cleaner with a packaged wiener . . . but condoms really don't need to be run through the Maytag before you shag. OK, rather than accuse you of being a Mr. Clean freak, I'll assume it was just an accident. (Didn't Mom teach you to check all your pockets before tossing them in the washing machine?) Although extremes of temperature can have a deleterious effect on latex, if your squeaky clean Trojan did not break during its tour of duty in the love canal, chances are you remained protected.

Your symptoms are not at all worrisome for or suggestive of HIV ARS or HIV disease.

If you are concerned, the option of getting an HIV test at the three-month mark is always open to you.

Finally, Kirk, did you happen to skip your grade school English classes when they taught punctuation? There are these really cool little symbols called periods, question marks, exclamation points, commas and stuff like that, which can be remarkably helpful in making sure your written thoughts are not misinterpreted. And should I even mention the use of upper case letters?

bewellstaywellgoodluckkirk

Attacked with urine
please please please answer