Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

Ask the Experts About

Safe Sex and HIV PreventionSafe Sex and HIV Prevention

Rollover images to visit our other forums!
Recent AnswersAsk a Question

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

how much blood needed to transmit hiv ?
Sep 3, 2006

Dear Dr Frascino, Please can you help me. I visited a professional sex worker recently but did not have sex with her , what i did was put the head of my penis into her mouth when ejaculating. I know this is low risk as saliva does not transmit hiv but what worries me is if she had blood in her mouth from a cut lip or gums. I checked to see if there was any blood on the head of my penis and there was none but is it possible that a minute amount of blood not visible to the eye could have passed into me. I had also shaved the hair on my scrotum and bottom of the penis shaft an hour before seeing her and this had left sore marks and some bleeding but i put some aftershave and had a shower and this seemed to close the cuts. Im worried about this because if there was a minute bit of blood on my forehead this would have made contact with my scrotum where i shaved after when i put my pants on. Please help me Thankyou.

Response from Dr. Frascino

Hello,

You are "worried about this because if there was a minute bit of blood on (your) forehead this would have made contact with (your) scrotum???" What??? What are you? A Cirque du Soleil contortionist???

Next, ". . . where I shaved when I put my pants on." What???? How the hell did you shave with your pants on???

Dude, I'm very confused here, but from what I can disentangle from your post, your HIV risk appears to be negligible to nonexistent. Get an HIV test at the three-month mark if you're worried.

Good luck.

Dr. Bob

Previous
Pls Help - Still scared 13 mos - Foreign Strain??
Next
Does looking at red/white cells = knowing about HIV?

• Email Email
  • Glossary Glossary

Get Email Notifications When This Forum Updates or Subscribe With RSS

Advertisement

Q&A TERMS OF USE

This forum is designed for educational purposes only, and experts are not rendering medical, mental health, legal or other professional advice or services. If you have or suspect you may have a medical, mental health, legal or other problem that requires advice, consult your own caregiver, attorney or other qualified professional.

Experts appearing on this page are independent and are solely responsible for editing and fact-checking their material. Neither TheBody.com nor any advertiser is the publisher or speaker of posted visitors' questions or the experts' material.

Review our complete terms of use and copyright notice.