Last night in Paris - worried

Hi dr. Bob,

I have been a regular visitor of your section of this great site. It has been an amazing source of valuable information for me throughout the years.

Thanks to this site I am 100% aware of all the risks of different STD's. I am 28 y o, bi curious, and since my awareness I know what to do or not. so, last night I decided to have sex with a man of unknown status. I always wanted to experience receptive anal sex, and so I finally did last night, for the first time. I was well prepared and we went for it. The guy used a condom and lots of lube. The inital hurt and following pleasure aside, after a short while the guy came and then retracted. To my surprise, there was a considerable amount of colourless fluid as he wiped his convered-in-condom penis on the sheets. I immediately paniced but he told me not to worry and claimed it was the lube. But to me (new at this whole thing) it looked too much and too fluid to be lube.

other things to add:

I later checked the condom and didn't notice it to be broken, and saw his sperm in it.

BUT I touched my anus afterwards and the wet stuff smelled a bit like sperm, but I am not sure.

The wet patch of the sheets dried up and was colourless too.

To add to my panic this morning, the condom expired in Feb 2006.

My questions:

* Is a considerable amount of colourless liquid normal? and could it indeed be lube?

* Should I worry about the expire date of the condom?

* Am I at more risk since this was my first time?

* Is it possible that he came so much that part of his sperm left the condom (which would explain the liquid).

* Should I consider PEP? (and does every hour within the 72 hours time span count?)

* That the guy was a pciture of health doesn't indicate something about his status I suppose? (I know I should know better) In that same light : the guy is 100% top, consistently uses condoms (he was very skilled with them). It is probably wishful thinking, but I look for hints of his status in all this, hoping him to be negative (as he claimed he is - but those are just words).

Dear doctor, Could you please shed your light on this story. I would appreciate it much.

I guess one can be prepared for everything and knowing it all and reading all the time. The reality however leaves me puzzled and very worried.

Thank you so much ofr you reply, Regards,

Worried in Paris

Hi Last-Night-in-Paris Guy,

I'll respond to your questions first:

1. Yes.

2. Since the condom didn't fail (break), no. But I would suggest you get rid of your outdated supply and get a new batch.

3. Nope.

4. Nope.

5. Nope. (For future reference, PEP is most effective the sooner it is started. In other words, it is more effective at two hours than at 24 hours; more effective at 24 hours than at 72 hours. We generally do not recommend PEP if the exposure was more than 72 hours ago.)

6. Pictures (or "pcitures") can be deceiving.

7. Hoping someone to be negative doesn't make them negative.

Your worries are unwarranted. You had "protected" sex and the condom did not fail. Consequently your HIV risk is essentially nonexistent. If you remain concerned, a three-month rapid test will calm any residual fears. However, considering what you told me in your post, the only real reason to get tested would be to calm your fears.

Stay safe and you'll stay well, OK?

I love Paris in September! All the Parisians return from their August vacations and the city is vibrant and sexy! Enjoy it!

sex with two pozitoids
QUERY FROM THE PHILIPPINES