thank you for your response

hey doc , thanks for your response . and by the way if you are ever on one of my flts i will definately make sure you are upgraded. not worried anymore.

Hi Mile-High-Fly-Guy,

Congratulations on joining our X-Files (Ex-Worried Wells). Now I can hardly wait for my upgrade! Please tell me you to destinations other than Crawford, Texas!

Stay well, Fly-Guy,

a little worried

hey doc, i have read many posts on this board . you seem to be the most down to earth person. so here goes.. i am a flight attendant for a major airline. on jan 2cnd i was on a layover in lax. i was in my hotel room asleep wheni woke and went to the bathroom i noticed this pacht of bumps on my lower right side. i thoght i had caught some rash from that nasty hotel the airline puts us up in. wheni got home i decided to go to the doctor and get checked out . the first thging she said was that's the shingles. i was like, what the hell is that. she expalined it to me and asked me if i was in a lot of pain . i told her no. asked her why did i get it she said that people often get it through stress. i figured with the type of job i do you know going from time zone to time zone not really getting enough sleep , partying on my layovers. it really takes a toll on your body . i do like to have good time on my layovers if you know what i mean. i meet alot of beautiful women so needless to say i have gotten around. some with protection some with not. i know it's stupid but beleive with this little scare i have had for the past 8 months . i have realized to cover it up. i found out that shingles occuring in young adults could very well be sign of hiv infection. i am 30 years old to that freaked me out. i got tested right away in jan and the tests came out - . theni donated blood about a month later and everything came out fine. now on jul 21st i was on my way to hawaii on vacation. on the plane i started feeling these bad stomach pains. it felt as if needed to go to the restroom and you know what but nothing . while in hawaii . inoticed that thr right side of my neck started to tense up . i stated feeling around it and noticed 3 bumps on the lower part of my neck connecting my neck to my shoulders. that freaked me out becuae i know that you can get swollen lymphnodes from hiv infection. but the nodes were swollen only on that part of body . no where else. i have been told that your lymphnodes will swell in different parts of your body when hiv is present because hiv attacks the whole body not just one part of it . i checked my tounge for any thrush . i founf nothing. i have not had any fever. i do have some discomfort on my lower right hand side from time to time . it comes and goes. i could not wait to get back home to see my doctor . wheni got home my doctor told me that iwas fine. i insistedcon blood work being done. it was and nothing came up. i took an hive test and nothing came up. the next day i even took a rapid hiv test and it was -. my doctor told me that my blood pressure was up due to the stress and anxiety i was having . and that i needed to chill. this was on aug 2cnd. i kept feeling the discomfort in my stomach so i went and got a second opinion. (by the way my 1st doctor did diagnose me with lymphadeopathy) the second doctor diagnosed me with dyspepsia and mild lymphadeopathy. he thinks i have a stomach ulcer. i still feel the tension in my neck and sometime fell shooting discomfort coming from my neck muscles arounfd the area were the nosdes are. when i touch the nodes they are painless but when it touch my neck muscles that feels tender. olike i said i havent had any fever no diarreah , no vomiting , no night sweats . you think this could be something else . like stress. i did have an ear infection in the right ear about 7 months ago cold that be why the nodes are swollen and maybe i just noticed them because i statred to feel around there after my neck got tense? .thank you for putting up with me. look foward to your response. take care.

Your repeatedly negative HIV tests out to eight months are conclusive and definitive. HIV is not your problem. No way. No how. OK?

I can't diagnose the cause of your symptoms over the Internet, but I can tell you with great certainty what's not causing them: it's not HIV! I suggest you follow up with your doctor to treat your various medical problems stress/anxiety, dyspepsia, possible ulcer, mild lymphadenopathy, etc. The important thing to remember is that these are not HIV related.

As for future adventures of the mile high club or wild lays on layovers, remember to use a latex condom each and every time to prevent STDs/HIV as well as future bouts of worry.

Now that I've answered your question, can you at least bump me up to business class?

Stay safe. Stay well.

why not dream?
I have searched up and down for an answer...