one last time - mine was high risk! Please answer!

Dr. Bob, I have asked a few questions, all swirling around one issue...you haven't answered, but that's OK...I know how many thousands you get, and I have learned alot just by checking in to see if you did. OK...here it is...the core of my issue. I had a high risk event over one year ago (August 25)...unprotected oral and anal sex, I was the bottom. I don't know his status (he claimed he was negative but...?), don't know if he came...I was drunk. It was not how its supposed to be done, that's for sure. Anyway, I learned alot from that, and the agony has taught me even more. I tested with the Oraquick ADVANCE Rapid HIV1/2 oral swab back in May of this year - eight months and 2 weeks after the encounter. I was negative...but have not been able to WOO-HOO...part of the reason is just some on-going "non-symptoms" which I know probably are nothing - what my doctor thinks. Part of it is the nature of the risk...the highest of the high. Most of the people who write here have low-risk events...but I know mine was the bell-ringer. My fear is...does the nature of my risk dictate that I be retested, or do I trust the negative result of my Oraquick swab in May? You are such an expert, such a help to so many...what do you think? I want to get back to living my life, having learned alot and ready to live. Please help me, bro! I am making a donation to the foundation...I too am a pianist (heard the one about the biggest "pianist" in Texas?). Music and defeating HIV/AIDS...wow, you go, bro! Take care.

Hello Fellow Pianist,

Biggest "pianist" in Texas??? Not sure I've heard that one. But I know one about the biggest idiot in Crawford.

Your HIV risk was indeed significant. Whether or not he "rang your bell", you did let him in your backdoor without a rubber wetsuit. We can estimate your level of HIV risk. The estimated per-episode risk for acquiring HIV from unprotected receptive anal sex with a partner confirmed to be HIV positive is 50 per 10,000 exposures. Your estimated risk would be less because we don't know Bell-Ringer's HIV status.

Your eight-month negative OraQuick is definitive and conclusive. Despite your risk, HIV is not your problem. No way. No how.

Do you need additional HIV testing? Nope! It would only corroborate what we already know: that you dodged the HIV bullet. Testing is available if you want it, but it certainly isn't warranted.

Stop worrying and start WOO-HOO-ing! Whatever is causing your "non-symptoms," it's not HIV!

Thanks for your donation (www.concertedeffort.org). Let me know if you want to play some piano four-hand stuff, unless you've got your hands full with that Texas pianist.

Stay well. (Yes, you are indeed well!)

Re: This looks promising
Venting off from Brazil - update